27 August 2011

Let's Ketchup! :)

I've been meaning to write this post for weeks. Yes, weeks. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It's kind of boring, not gonna lie.

Ok. So the last thing I left you with was my test and the days preceding it. 
I took the test on Friday August 5. The earliest I was supposed to receive my results was supposed to be a week from the following Monday. Well hot dog they arrived 4 days later on Tuesday.
I got a decent score, but not high enough to wait around for the boards to open up again. At this point, I was still in Chicago and decided that I'd enlist when I returned home.

The next weekend, my best best friend Megan came up. We had a Mafia Weekend! It was so rad! We watched Goodfellas and Donnie Brasco on Friday. Then went to a minor league baseball game that night. After the game we tried to watch The Godfather but fell asleep. I fell asleep anyway, I'm not sure if she did or not. Then Saturday we took a "gangster tour" of the city. Can you say "AH-MAZING!"? I can. It was soooo fun. Just incredible. If you're into that kind of thing, you can view the information on it here. I recommend it for sure. For lunch we went to Sprinkles. It's a cupcake place. Oh my lanta. I had the best cupcake I've ever eaten in my life. SO good. Check them out. Then on Saturday night we went to Tommy Guns. I kid you not when I say the level of fun I had here rivaled that of Disney World. Seriously. It was obviously a different kind of fun. But oh goodness. SO fun. Here's a picture! :) :)



He was our favorite. His voice was so beautiful. Oh goodness.  He was funny. Just go. Ok?
Then I took her to the airport Sunday morning and said goodbye. :(
There's MUCH more to this story, I'm giving you the abbreviated version, otherwise this post will be far too long.

Then I left Chicago shortly after.
Now I'm back home in good ol' TN.

This past Thursday I had a job interview to valet park downtown. WOOHOO. After having vehicle problems and arriving 7 minutes late to the group interview, I was still offered a job. Praise the Lord. Seriously. 
I had to get a drug test done and I'll know within a week if I'm hired for real or not.

After that, I went to the Navy Recruiting Station. WOOOOOHOOOO!!!! I told the [only] recruiter [there] that joining the Navy is what I want to do. I don't have any 2nd thoughts. So let's get this ball rolling. Unfortunately it took more words than that because we weren't on the same page for a while. I'm not sure what was so confusing but neither of us were understanding the other. 
He asked me if I had ever thought about nuclear engineering. I told him I didn't know what that was. He explained it to me...I still don't really know what it entails. Then another recruiter walked in and asked me the same thing. I said "Are you guys short on nuclear engineers or something?" the 2nd recruiter nodded his head and the 1st said "no, I'm just trying to get you more money" Apparently when you re-enlist, they give you an $80,000 signing bonus because they know you could leave the Navy and easily make 6 figures. This all sounds very appealing but I don't know that I'd even been good at it. 
So, pray for guidance in that area. I've still got a while before it comes time for me to be choosing a job. I don't want to give up on my flying dream. Not at all. But there seems to be security in nuclear engineering. Even the woman I dogsit for brought it up that evening. So..yea. Guidance and wisdom would be fabulous.
So the 1st recruiter (who isn't MY recruiter, because mine wasn't there, he just took my info for him) made me take a practice ASVAB test. 
I haven't taken a test that easy since high school. It was almost a joke. I got an 89 out of 99. I'm supposed to take the real ASVAB on Monday. My real recruiter was also supposed to call me today (well, yesterday now) and talk to me about it...and he didn't. I'll probably call down there on Monday morning to get the skinny.
So. I take the ASVAB. I meet with someone to get a job. I tell them when I want to leave for boot camp. I get physicals and stuff done. Then I leave. WOOHOO. 
I hope it's that easy anyway. Sheesh.

Tonight I went back to my high school for a football game. 
There's one man [over 25] on this planet who can make my bones turn to jell-o.
He's the head coach of the football team. 
I'll be grinning for at least a week. Count on it.

Now, you're officially caught up.
Stay tuned for more details on our Mafia Weekend. 
I just need to find the time and figure out the pictures I want to use. I also don't want to give TOO much away or there will be no sense in you doing the tour for yourself! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment