22 November 2011

Bands For Arms, Yo.

I was catching up on my blog reading when I came to one of my favorites (The Journey Of A Navy Wife). Unfortunately she doesn't post as often as I would like for her to, but I understand life happens. :) She has been such an encouragement to me the past couple of years and I can't even begin to thank her for it! She has such a love for her country and those who fight for her freedom. It just makes my heart smile!

She is doing a giveaway! One of the ways to enter is to blog about the giveaway and tell her why I like the organization whose product she's giving away. To be honest, I'd never heard of it before and I'm very sad to admit that. It's such a cool thing they're doing! It's called Bands For Arms (click that and it will take you to their facebook page. You can visit their store here or go here to read more about them than what I will tell you). They use donated military uniforms to make bracelets. It's so neat. We all know what a softy I am, I barely made it through their whole product line before tearing up. A couple of them got me right in the heart. They donate a portion of their sales to help service members stay in contact with their family members. AND they tell you about the person whose uniform was used to make your bracelet. I think that's probably the coolest part!! The bracelet she is giving away is made from a WWII NAVY (!!!!!!!) uniform! It's called "The Pearl Harbor" Really, I want them all. I, of course, can't wear them all at once but...sigh...they just make my heart smile.

Aaaaand it gets better....the owner has a branch off or Bands for Arms called His Arms For Arms (click it). This organization is committed solely to getting the Word of God to our service members. To let them know that He is their Shield and Protector. And to know they always have a Friend in Him. Does it get any better than that? I mean, really, does it?

Check them out, for real. It's such a cool organization!
That's all I've got! I hope you go have a look-see. It blessed my heart, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment