02 May 2011

surprise.

Now that I've got a new picture it's only fitting to post a new blog...right...? :)

I don't have much to say but I think what I do say will be deep and thought provoking, as usual. ;)

Man. I just got out of the shower and I'd thought of a whole blog to write in there and now I can only remember one thing..but that's the grand finale so I'll have to think get my thought train back...

I'll just start with Friday night and go from there. :)
Friday night. I had a sleepover with my roommate and my neighbors.
These people:
<----those are the neighbs





                            that's the roomie. :)------>


The neighbs threw the roommate and I a graduation party! It was so fun! We played games and ate junk food! They made signs for us and hung streamers. It was so thoughtful! They're so awesome!!! Liz and I took our mattresses off our beds and brought them into the room of the neighbs. You see, I have this goal: to not wake up in my bed on any Saturday morning this semester. Now before you wackos start thinking awful thoughts, here's the story...It was like mid-February and I had either been at home on the weekend or I'd stayed the night at my friends' apartment every weekend...so I hadn't woken up in my bed (or room) on the weekends all semester long. So I thought "Well how about I see how long I can keep this going" There were a couple of weekends when I wasn't sure how everything was going to work out but it did. :) This weekend was great. :)

Next on the agenda was a bridal shower for this young lady:
If you've been reading my blog for long, you'd know that I'll be in a wedding this summer (possibly) with the punter for my favorite NFL team. If you didn't know this, I forgive you, now you know. Hers is the wedding I'll be taking part in. Her wedding shower was fabulous. Her food was fabulous. OH MY GOODNESS. She had a punch that I'll be raving about for months. No..seriously. It was a coffee punch. It had chocolate milk (I think, chocolate something), vanilla ice cream and coffee crystals melted into a syrup like mixture..or something like that. I had WAY too much. Dear Heavens, it's quite possibly one of the best drinks I've ever tasted.

On Saturday evening I  attended the recital of my best friend, Rebecca. You can see her over there on the left. She's quite divine.  Her piano playing skills are superb! Needless to say, she did a marvelous job and I'm very proud of her!
I might add that I love this picture of us. We were at Fort Massac just roaming around hahahha. :) Well, actually I had to do a report on a fort. Anyway..there's another picture that's HILARIOUS. We're arm wrestling, but you can't see her face so it was useless to put it on here. If you're my friend on facebook though you can view it in my tagged photos.
Ok...moving on.
THEN! (after the recital) Andrea (there's a picture of her below)  made me search for my graduation present. Well I didn't know exactly what I was searching for..she just told me I had something to find in Fine Arts. Then when I found it I knew what was going. This is what I got! I love them so much!!! I wore them in the rain today and it was marvelous. I'm not much of a hiking sandal wearing kind of gal, but I couldn't resist. Especially because I'll be in Disney World 2 weeks from today and I don't want to be wearing tennis shoes getting all hot and nasty, but flip flops will be KILLER on the arches. Oh my word, I don't even want to think about that....and I think I can wear them to work this summer because they're made for hiking and I'll just be standing all day. We'll see.  Needless to say, I'm PUMPED.


Then came sunday..Sunday...SUNDAY. I wasn't really looking forward to this day because it meant writing the bulk of a 15 page paper that was due the following day. Yes, I know, I've known about it since the beginning of the semester and it should have been done by now but honestly, I work better under pressure. No, I'm for real. So. I went to church on Sunday morning. Then I wrote about 12 pages of this paper. I'm quite proud of it if I do say so myself! If you'd like to read it, you just let me know and I'll email it to you. The title is: Roles of Women in Aviation During World War II. I really wanted to do my paper on Women in Naval Aviation since that's the career path I've chosen, but I couldn't find any information on it. So I chose this one instead. Still a good topic and quite informative.
I finished it at about 4:30 on Saturday..then it took another hour to figure out how to do the footnotes. Blah. It was awful because I'd told myself that I wasn't allowed to eat lunch until I was done. So I was STARVING. No, I'm serious. Ask Rebecca, I thought I was going to die. Yea..I know..that was a dumb idea but it worked..I only took a couple of breaks to stretch my legs and clear my head. TWELVE pages in 3.5 hours. That's gotta be a record lol. 

After that I went to Rebecca and Andrea's apartment. This is them:
We watched Hook. Andrea got engaged last weekend (WOOOHOO). Her fiance called in the middle of our movie to announce the death of Osama Bin Laden. We weren't all that interested. They don't have cable so it's not like we could have watched the Presidential Address had we wanted to. Hahaha...Rebecca and I were talking about something and she said "I mean, yea, we killed Obama but.....I mean Osama" hahaha. It truly was a mistake of the tongue. It's quite unfortunate that their names are so similar. I'm sure she's not the first and won't be the last to make that mistake!

Now for the random things.
1. My mommy came to Rebecca's recital! Yay! :) that's her. ------>
She's beautiful, I love her. 
2. Not only did she bring her awesome self, but she also brought her awesome peppermint patties! SIIIIGH. If you've never had homemade peppermint patties, you're missing out on life! I can hook you up with the recipe if you really want. :)
3. She also brought 2 of her piano students. They're fly..but I don't have any pictures of them..
4. I've reconnected with a friend. We never lost touch..it was just one of those "you live 2 time zones away and it's really hard to have a conversation with you" things. He's so cool. I might blog about him sometime later.
5. I discovered this video on a friend's facebook page, I think it's absolutely HILARIOUS. click HERE to watch it. Oh my word. SO funny.

Ok. This is it. The grand finale.
For some reason, my mother "forgot" to tell me that she had a new piano student starting today. I'm sure you're thinking "why would she tell you that...?" Just hold on, don't get your panties in a wad. This new student is special. He's a man. WOOHOO just kidding...He's also a Vietnam Veteran (6 months and 10 days until my favorite holiday! no, for real). Just that fact alone makes him cool. But wait, I'm not done. Please get ready for this. Seriously, prepare your mind for what I'm about to say to you.



He's a FORMER NAVY SEAL. Yes, you read it correctly. I'll repeat myself in case you didn't catch it the first time FORMER NAVY SEAL. I'm not sure HOOOOW she just "forgot" to let me in on this bit of information..but she did...until today. I hope I can meet him. I bet he's really cool. 
If ever you had any doubt that my mother was the coolest EVER, well now your reservations have been squashed. She IS the coolest mom. EVER. Argue with me and DIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!! Ok, that's a bit dramatic..but seriously. Don't even think about it.

I'm sorry that I always wait until I have a lot to say before I write blog and then I just lay it all on you. I'll try to be better, but no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment