24 May 2011

The End...or Is It The Beginning..?

I guess this is a little overdue...well maybe not by much. I just got back on Sunday sheesh.


On May 14, I graduated from college. It's true. You can see my all but enthused face over there on the left! 
I would also like to say that I know all of those armies. They were in my military history class! They're really nice!










Aunt Leslie. I'm staying with her this summer!

After lunch with the G-Rents

The Famfam!

After lunch we headed to Florida. Yes, we drove from KY to FL. Thank the Lord, not in one day! We stopped outside of Atlanta (I think) on the way down there to sleep for the night. We got a few hours...but lucky us picked the worst hotel on the planet..in my opinion. The only room left was a smoking room..ok whatev, we're all gonna leave here smelling nasty. Not TOO big of a deal.
THEN the fire alarm went off. Not once...not twice..but THREE times. THREE. And  all three times it was a fake-out. Oh my goodness. I think I would have rather just slept in the car!
The next day we drove to a little town in Florida to visit this man, Uncle John, and his wife Julia. He's my great uncle..and if I tell you how, your brain will hurt. So I'll spare you. Anyway, that's not the cool part. Many of you will remember this post where I talked about the Colonel and how he was the coolest person I'd ever met. Well, I'm sorry to say that he's been knocked down to #2. Please don't tell him, it might break his heart. Uncle John was in the Navy for 30 years, served in WWII, Vietnam and Korea. He made it as high as a Master Chief. This is the coolest part though: HE WORKED ON THE MANHATTAN PROJECT!!! HOLY SMOKES! (Read more about that here if you need a history lesson). He told us some pretty stinkin cool stories. My sister and I slept in his "I Love Me Room" it was completely dedicated to everything he did in the Navy, lots of plaques and souvenirs. Man. It was great! I really like him a lot and I'm sad that I'm just now getting to meet him! We spent the afternoon with him on Sunday, he showed us his relatives' houses and gardens. Then we went to church with he and Gigi (that's what people call Julia). We had amazing food all day long, and again for breakfast the next morning! He spoiled us, really. 
Then it was off to the next destination! WINTER GARDEN FLORIDA!!!!! haha. Sounds exciting right? We'll see. :)
These lovely people are named Carol and Neal! They're loads of fun. I sometimes call Carol my aunt by accident. She's really my cousin. Again, if I tell you how, I promise it will hurt, so just take my word for it. :)We stayed with them Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights! They were very nice to put up with our nonsense! They live only 30 minutes from DISNEY WORLD!!! I'd say that's quite convenient since that's exactly where we were headed!!! :)


Our first day in Disney was spent at Hollywood Studios (formerly known as MGM).  Take a peek at these photos!! 
First ride of the day: Rockin Roller Coaster

This is the Studio Backlot tour. Shortly after this fire began an
enormous wall of water appeared.
It was great.

The Stunt Show. This was REALLY cool!

Beauty and the Beast! :)

:)

KILL THE BEAST!

I was trying my hardest to show the color of these dresses!
It's a ridiculous shade of pink and this picture does it hardly
any justice! 
We also rode the Tower of Terror and saw several other shows. I enjoyed the Tower of Terror but it made me sick. Riding it once was enough for me!

Our 2nd day was spent in Magic Kingdom. This was my favorite! It had more rides than the other 2 parks we went to. We rode Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear (I left my sunglasses on this dumb ride and had to buy new ones), Big ThunderMountain Railroad, and more that I don't really remember. I've got our POA (Plan of Attack) but it's in the other room.

My [Uncle] Dennis, [Aunt] Carol's brother
helped build Winnie the Pooh's tree.
He also helped build The Hall of Presidents!

The Castle. Of course
It's amazing how many different accents and languages you hear just walking around this place! We were sitting at dinner and this little girl from England was talking about Splash Mountain and she said "They go up in the slide and they come down and get soaking wet!" Now, reread that with a British accent! It was the cutest thing I've ever heard in my life! The first night, we were riding the tram back to our car and we met an Irish couple. They'd adopted an Asian child and I kept thinking "that kid is going to grow up and have an Irish accent!" it was blowing my mind hahaha!


Us with [Aunt] Carol outside of our AMAZING Italian
restaurant.
On our 3rd day we went to Epcott. This was my least favorite, it didn't have as many rides and it was more informative but it was still fun. Lunch, however, was AMAZING! We went to Italy and ate. Oh my word. Best food I've ever tasted!  
The Ball

Everyone was dead tired that afternoon/evening. So we left and didn't see the laser show. It's ok though, we were tired and I know I was getting grumpy. So we went back to [Aunt] Carol's and swam. It was fun. 

Then we started our journey back home. We stopped by my Great Aunt Addie's..yea..lots of family on this trip. Who lives near Great Uncle Earl and Aunt Ethel. We went out to eat with them at Cracker Barrel where these pictures were taken.


Then Aunt Ethel said "Tony,
take one with the girls" you
can see my enthusiasm....
back row: daddy, aunt addie, momma
aunt ethel, uncle earl
front row: scooter, me


We stayed the night in an empty apartment in the relatives' village thing. Then headed home once again. We stopped outside of Macon, GA. That was an ordeal...my mom told me to find a hotel on my GPS..I found like 25..so I just picked one. Well we got close to it and Momma and Daddy started wigging out. I don't know what they were scared of..there was NOTHING around...but whatever. So Momma wanted me to make the GPS take her back to the interstate. I told her like 7 times that I couldn't do that...I have to have a destination. I'm still not sure that she understands..so we found a Best Western and stayed there for the night. Then we got up the next morning and left Macon.
We stopped in Commerce, GA to see one of my Momma's childhood friends. We ate lunch with her and her family.
Then we were for real headed home. We arrived back at our cute little blue house around 9 pm on Sunday night. 

It was an all around good trip.
Now I need to start unpacking from school only to pack back up for Chicago soon! I'm going back to school town to visit my friend Rebecca and several others before I head up North for the summer. I'm SOOOOOOO excited! I can't wait! :)
Well. That's about all that's been going on with me. Hope you enjoyed my trip to Disney World, I know I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment