26 February 2011

My Life Has Been Made

This weekend has been almost TOO interesting but I wouldn't trade it for anything! :)

I'll start from not the best and go to MOST AMAZING.

Thursday.
Honor band children arrived. About 500 high school students. AAAAHHHHH!!!!
As if that's enough, we had tornado sirens go off during a concert. We had to take EVERYONE from one building to the other and shove them all into the guts of an auditorium. The basement of this place was built to hold probably only about 200....yea. Fuuun.
I saved the colonel's life. Well..ok that's an exaggeration...but I was holding the door open that he walked through to get to the basement..if my door hadn't been opened, he would have had to walk further down the way and would have risked his life!
We get the all-clear. We continue with the concert.
Eventually we have about a 30 minute rehearsal where I meet the Colonel officially.
I love him right off the bat.
I get back to my room at about 1030 after having been out of it since 700 am...

Friday.
I arrive at Fine Arts around 730.
Children rehearse. I observe.
I don't really get to talk to the Colonel very much. Just the usual "We need an extra copy of such and such" Stuff like that. :)
Then Friday night....I get in my truck to go to my friends' house. I get in, put my bag in the passenger seat. I look over and my glove box is open and completely empty. I am really confused, I look around and see the stuff that was in it is now in between the seats almost on the floor. I don't really understand what's going on. I glance up and the face of my radio is gone. I call my mom to tell her that my truck was broken into..when in all actuality, my doors were unlocked so there was no breaking. As I'm telling her I see that my radio is laying on my dashboard and the floorboard is wet. She tells me I need to report it to the police. So I do...ugh. I realized as I was driving out of the parking lot that you could see the ring from my gps holder on the windshield. I figured that's probably what they were looking for. I couldn't find anything that they could have taken...if they took something it was probably a cd that I've got on my computer...no big deal.
I don't understand why people can't just mind their own business and leave everyone else's stuff alone. Geez. It probably irritated me most that they just made a mess and didn't even bother taking something.

Saturday.
I've been wanting to talk to the Colonel all weekend but when we've had breaks he's been busy marking stuff or talking to students. I haven't wanted to bother him. Well I finally got to talk to him today!! [I've known this since Thursday but..] He's one of the nicest people I've ever met in my entire life. Oh my goodness. SO nice. And he was so good with the kids. He never got angry or raised his voice. Just genuinely nice which made me like him even more! I got to talk to him about the military and stuff. I told him that he's the coolest person I'll EVER meet. Wanna know why? Well I'll tell you.
Between the military [which is the coolest thing eeeeeeeverrrr] and music [which has been my life for 16 years now] he's it. He's the epitome of everything. EVERYTHING. He's the conductor of THE PRESIDENT'S OWN MARINE BAND!!!! So I told him that and he said "Oh I'm sure you'll meet some cooler people" I insisted that this would most certainly not happen! lol. We talked some more and I asked if I could get a picture with him later when he put his uniform on for the concert. He said "of course!" I talked to him a little more after that. Man. He's so nice.
Wanna see the picture? OF course you do! :)
This picture made my life. Forever. I don't need to even be in the same wedding as the football player [this is from a previous blog...click here to read it]..I might not even need to get married...lol. I can't imagine many things being cooler than this moment. 
My wind ensemble conductor said "Oh, someone's facebook profile picture is going get to get changed!" And I said "FOREVER!!!" lol. This just means so much to me. I can't even explain it to you. Imagine the coolest person you can, like your favorite band or actor. Imagine them coming to your house and hanging out with you for 2.5 days. Now, he didn't come to my house but I hope you can imagine my excitement. I am still about to pee my pants over it and he's probably halfway back [or further] to his home by now! :)
He's just sooooo nice! He told me lots of facts about the Marine Band. Man he's so cool! I wish we could be best friends! :)

I'm now watching My Best Friend's Wedding with 2 of my best friends! :) 
Interesting weekend, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment