02 February 2011

Bake Me A Cake As Fast As You Can!

I'm just gonna start with this: I don't appreciate it when teachers don't respond to emails. ERG.

I'm gonna get all the irritating stuff out of the way..then we can move to the funny part!

1. [I like numbering things. It helps me get my thoughts organized.] I found out today that Skechers has made knock off TOMS Shoes. If you don't know what TOMS Shoes are go here. Or you can just read what I'm about to say. When you buy a pair of these shoes, you're paying for a child without shoes to have a pair as well. So, yes, they are expensive, but they're like that for a reason. So..Skechers. They've made a brand called BOBS. They look exactly like TOMS but they're cheaper. They donate their shoes to Soles4Souls, which is a great organization. However, I think they're doing it for all the wrong reasons..well actually I don't know the reasoning behind it..I'm assuming. I read this article that talked about it after I found out in class today. I can only assume they did it to make more money, to get better business. I really don't know the logic behind it..but why else would you make a shoe that looks EXACTLY like another [quite popular] shoe, name it a similar name, make it less expensive and give a portion of that away [just like TOMS] other than for financial purposes. I'm still pretty irritated at this..I don't know that I'll buy another pair of Skechers for a while [this may not be hard, I'm not really a fan anyway lol]. That really burns my biscuits. Yea. I hope you share my irritation. I don't want to jump to conclusions but seriously..come ON.

Ok. That horse is dead.

2. Tithing [ooooooh stay tuned this will get good lol] I'll just knock down the bush right away. I don't think it's right to claim your tithes or charitable giving on your taxes for several reasons. 1. the money you tithe isn't yours to begin with. It's God's..you're giving it back to Him. 2. If you give with an expectation of getting it back, are you truly giving? 3. If you expect it back then why don't you just trust God to give it back to you rather than filling out a form to get it back? 4. getting a a thing to tell you how much you gave your church or non-profit organization..whatever you give to, implies you wrote a check to that "business". Personally, I don't like to write tithe checks, it's no one's business but mine and God's how much money I put in the plate...
I'd really like feedback on this subject. I'm sure someone reading this has a different philosophy and I'd seriously like to be enlightened!

3. I hope you're ready for this because it's HILARIOUS.
Ok. So Rebecca and I are getting icecream after supper. [Yes I know, I don't need to be eating it but I just wanted it so bad!] There was no grown up kind in scoop form so we had to get soft serve. Well...my indecisive nature and I choose the mixed kind, it looks like the picture to the right [not exactly like that, of course but you get my drift] So I say "Rebecca! What if my baby came out looking like this!?!"
And she responds "Then it wouldn't be a baby..." [referring to the way the icecream actually looked] I said "NO! The color!" lol
Laughter ensues along with other remarks that I don't remember now.
Then she says "well which way would you want it to be like this [slices her body in half length wise down the middle of her chest] or front to back?"
I think about it for a second. Then I reply "front to back"
"Why?"
"So when girls see my beautiful little black boy walking towards them and they say 'girrrrl he is fiiiiiiine' and one of their friends misses it and asks 'who?' and they reply 'that black boy!' and they turn around to see him and he's WHITE!"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
That's probably one of the most hilarious things I've ever said IN. MY. LIFE. lol.
It was great. I hope you appreciated it as much as I wanted you to, I hope it wasn't one of the stories that needed to be told in person. That would be a total bummer! :(

Ok. Time for me to go to bed now! :)
Gooooodnight!

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha Twas definetly a wonderful conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're pretty insightful both in an intelligent, deep-thinking way AND a hilarious way.

    ReplyDelete