11 February 2011

It's Late At Night

I should be in bed.
[I feel like a lot of my posts start out with that sentence.]
My eyes agree with that statement..my brain, however, does not. It's pretty active right now. I'm not thinking about any one particular thing. It's just thoughts buzzing around. You know when you put the TV on mute and you can hear that humming noise? That's how my brain is right now...quite frustrating if you ask me. I KNOW I should be sleeping and dreaming wonderful weird dreams, because that's how I do I just don't think it's gonna happen. Ok, enough of that, I've got stuff to say!

NAVY TEST IN 8 DAYS! [I actually hadn't planned to say that, it just popped right out]
I guess I'll make the 1st thing about the Navy since we're already on the subject..
I really don't appreciate it when people say "well you can't do so and so when you're in the Navy"
1. You're not my mom...well sometimes you are but I'm not talking about you, mom
2. You don't even know me, obviously, you can't remember my name.
3. SHUT UP do I look like I'm in the Navy right at this moment? NO.
Case in point:
I was at a friend's house on Tuesday night. She made clam chowder. I like Campbell's clam chowder so I thought I'd like hers too. I didn't. I felt really bad but I just couldn't eat it. Usually I'll put up with stuff I don't like if it's made for me but I just couldn't. It was a whole texture thing. So I asked her if she would be offended if I didn't eat it. She said she wouldn't. Then this girl [whom I've met and hung out with like 7 times and STILL can't remember my name, I think I've blogged on this subject. If you didn't read it or I didn't actually blog about it, here's the gist: I don't like it when people don't remember my name after meeting me at least twice. If it's like quick fly by introductions I understand but if you sit ACROSS from me for an entire meal, have conversations with me and can't remember my name the next time you see me, I'm sorry but you've just lost my respect. It makes me so mad.] Ok, so this girl says "well you can't do that in the Navy, you're gonna have to eat whatever they give you and not complain" I wanted to scream at her. I don't exactly remember what I did but it was polite, whatever it was. Does she think I don't know this? I'm not stupid, ignorant or completely naive about this subject. I know life is gonna be tough for a little while, I'll have to get used to different things. But for right now I'm free to do what I want..which includes not eating clam chowder or things that make me wanna puke. MEH.

2. Tonight I had a review session for one of my classes. My friend and I stayed behind and talked to the teacher. We really like him. He's a single man in his 40s. He's a pretty good looking fellow, he's a little awkward but he's super nice. He made a funny: My friend was telling him about this Turn of the Century Social [I think that's what it's called] and about the Rec Department [that's her major] and he said "Well will there be any single 40 year old women there?" It made my heart smile! So if you know any single 40 yr old women, holla at ya girl! :)

3. People need to GET A LIFE. Oh my goodness. If I wanted your boyfriend, I could probably have him with very little trouble. And the fact that this girl is so worried I'm going to steal him tells me several things. 1. She doesn't trust him [if you don't trust him, why are you with him?] 2. I must have more power than I realize 3. The more you freak out, the more drama I want to cause in your life. I can't tell you how much I want to mess with this girl's mind. I want to get her riled up so bad. I know that's not the right thing to do at all but it sounds like so much fun. I never do anything to anyone [because I'm a big chicken]. I just want to post something on his wall to get her going. Don't worry, I [probably] won't. If I do, I'm sure you'll hear about it. :) It's just crazy how idiotic people can be. Oh my word. I think it's hilarious though..it makes it even better that I have complete control of the situation. Everything hinges on what I do...MUAHAHHAHAHA [which will be nothing lol. but it's still fun to imagine.] :) I'll tell you what I imagine: she gets on his profile to "check up on him" translation: facebook stalk him, she sees my post. She turns RED the purple. Then she calls all her ghetto friends and tells them she's gonna kick my butt yada yada yada, then she calls me [I'm not sure yet how she gets my number..maybe she just knows it or something lol] and chews me out, threatens me, the works. Then she starts all over. All the while, not knowing I couldn't care less about her stupid man. Hilarious.

4. So I have been having imaginary conversations in my head lately. No, I'm not talking to myself. It's like I'm watching a movie of me talking to this person, we'll call him Travis. First I should tell you about the other guy, we'll call him Carter. So Carter is an idiot [so is Travis but in a different way], he thinks he can be friends with girls and not lead them on. He should practice this skill more. He's really bad at it. Travis is just Travis. Ok. So in my movie I'm talking to Travis. He says something completely idiotic and I say "CARTER SHUT UP" He looks at me like "huh?" and I look at me like "what did you just say" it's really weird...then I have to go through the whole part where I explain who Carter is and he gets mad and wants to beat him up. It's an ordeal, man. [Sorry, Jenn I forgot to tell you that last part lol, that probably makes it even funnier]. Now as I'm typing this I'm imagining the 2 of them meeting..oh dear me...it's like testosterone central. No joke hahahah.

5. I think that my university should pay JavaJacks to come in and train everyone how to make coffee drinks. It's ridiculous. I rarely get a drink that tastes remotely like what it should. I watch them make these drinks. They do it incorrectly. My friend ordered a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Lattes should have a little foam. SHE HAD NONE. No foam at all. She didn't care, she didn't even notice. But I did. I care about good coffee making literacy (?). Once we had this lady who would order a large latte with extra foam. If you add extra foam, that technically turns it in to a cappuccino [which is cheaper]. So one day my co-worker, Javier [I think], says "If you order a large cappuccino you can save ____ money" and the woman says "no, I want a large latte with extra foam." So we gave her a large cappuccino and charged her for a large latte. People. Geez.

6. I've been seeing this 30 days of pictures thing on facebook. I'm gonna do it. Ok here's what you do. There's a list and it tells you what to post each day. I'm starting on Day 30 because I want to be an individual [rolls eyes]. :) I'm really excited about it. I'm going to find all the pictures I want to post, put them in a folder on Elmer [my computer] and then post them. Doing that will save time in the long run! :) I'm thuper duper excited!

7. Well I think that's all I've got for tonight. AH! VETERAN'S DAY IS IN 9 MONTHS.
Fun fact: Anytime anyone ever says "9 months" my first thought is always "I could have a baby by the time that happens" hahaha. It's ridiculous, I know. But that's just the way it is.
Well I'm still not tired, I'm gonna find some more pictures and then try to sllleeeeep! :) Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment