22 May 2010

I'm So Obsessed My Heart Is Bound to Beat Right Out My Untrimmed Chest [HAHAHAHAHAHA]

I just need to start this out by saying that there's a HUGE bug flying around me and when it lands it looks like a cockroach...sort of. It's wiggin me out.

I hate it when you tell someone something and they don't listen. They just don't get it. Not like they don't understand..more like they hear what they wanna hear and that's that. It bugs the ever livin daylights out of me and I want to scream at them. When I say something...that's what I mean. You can't change my mind or make me say something else. Just let it go.

So. You're reading the blog of the newest certified guarder of lives. :) Seriously, I was the last to take the last portion of the test..last to get out of the water..so I am the newest. I tell no lies. :)

I hate Brentwood. I don't know how many of you have seen my rant statii on Facebook but I absolutely hate it. I find NO reason on the planet to have houses that large. I just don't [plus their lack of melanin is discomforting]. I think that if I were rich enough to own a house like that [seriously, these houses are like mansions and they're EVERYWHERE] I don't think I would own a house that large. I almost wholeheartedly believe [about 98%, sometimes money changes people so I can't be 100% certain] that I would give most of that money away. Either that or save it for college funds for kids and grandkids etc. Unless I'm building an army or planning on having 25 kids, there's absolutely no need for me to have a house that gigantic. Ya know? It just makes me sick. There are people dying all over the world because they don't have money to buy food or clothes or anything. Yet there are people in our own backward spending only God knows what on utility bills that could feed 3rd world countries. It's just heartbreaking that people are so selfish. Maybe it's because I've grown up with parents that don't give me everything I want. That know how to manage money and very rarely splurge on anything [except icecream..that's a given..but it's not like we own an icecream factory or anything] I think people are ignorant or they just don't want to know what's going on around them. They could sell that huge house they own and adopt a child from Africa...actually they could probably adopt 10 or 12, buy new instruments for several schools, buy hundreds of pairs of Toms shoes and instead of keeping their pair sending them overseas. They could use it to rebuild homes in Haiti, to dig wells in someplace that I don't remember, to help missionaries home and abroad. People are so selfish, like I said before. Just ugh. If I ever become rich [that's not the plan right now] please, hold me to everything I've said in this blog. I want a modest house, I want enough to get by. I know that's stressful, I don't like it now and I'm not married..but I know with the right man I can make it work. And even with not a man at all I can make it work. I don't need lavish things..even though they're pretty and nice they're just things that will one day pass away and be eaten by moths. Pointless things. Isaiah 40:8. All I need is the Lord and His word and I'm set for life. Isn't that so great? I mean seriously. I wish people could see what's really going on and what really matters in this life.

I need a job. This house is making me CRAZY! And you probably think "she really means her mom" and no for real it's not lol. I've spent most of the time I've been back in town at home alone. It's the dogs that are driving me nuts..they follow me everywhere. I don't know how my mom does it everyday. I get tired of watching tv so I read..I get tired of reading I've got nothing to do because I'm still tired of the tv..it's a vicious cycle. I hope to start riding bikes in the next week. And I'm PRAYING that the job I applied for at Steak and Shake comes through. You can pray too, I wouldn't mind. :)

I'm having trouble finding a place where I can sell all my books back at once. I've tried several different websites but they don't want all of them..just like 3...of 15! My mom suggest McKay's..anyone else got any ideas?

Today at lifeguard class, we were sitting outside in the HOT sun just waiting. This lifeguard [who works there] walked past, he was black. And the girl sitting next to me said "Can black people get sunburnt?" and I said 'YESSS!!! They actually just get darker. It happened to my friend last summer, he was fairly light at the beginning then he marched drum corps [I don't think she knew what that was] all summer and he was about as dark as him" and pointed to the guy. And she said "Whoa" haha. I enjoyed that moment because it shot a good memory into my brain! I'll tell you all about it:
So Jenn and I went to hang out with this guy Austin that she was sort of talking to..he marched in a drum corps. We met up with him at a laundromat while they were obviously doing laundry. They had like 4 hours or something. So every single white person there had FUNKY tan/burn lines. No joke they were FUNKY. Anyway, so Brandon was with Austin [even though he didn't really like Austin lol]  I had met Brandon once already [he says he doesn't remember the first time..whatever] anyway. So we hung out with them, took them to Wal-Mart etc. Well we get back and we're sitting outside the laundromat just chatting [maybe this is before Wal-Mart I don't really remember the sequence of events lol] and I whispered to Jennifer "do black people get burned?" and she said "i don't know" and I said "well ask him" and she, of course said "no". He noticed we were whispering and asked what we were talking about so I said "Do black people get burned or tan?" at first he acted offended that I called him black he was totally kidding though and he said "Yea! look" and pulled up his shorts leg and sure enough his thigh was a good 4 shades lighter than his calf! lol. That was a fun night.

Well I guess this probably long enough. I've still got a lot on my brain though. Thanks for stickin with it til the end! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment