03 May 2010

Life.

Today was a lot more stressful than I anticipated.

My hometown is being washed away and there's nothing I can do to stop it...well there's nothing I can do anyway anywhere I am. But it's still scary. That's my entire world being drenched in water. My family and home are alright for now, they're expecting almost 10 more feet of water. They say the dam could break so they've opened several to keep it from breaking. I've never known anything like this before and it's scaring the crap out of me.

History is being erased every second. Look at this picture of the Grand Ole Opry:

The Opryland Hotel is completely ruined. They had a river running through it with waters from all over the world and fish too in it. Now that's all lost as soon as the waters go down.

People are losing their homes, their lives, everything. It's terrifying. I wish people would get smart about this and just stay in their homes, don't take their boats out and go tubing, 2 people are missing now because they decided that would be fun. There have been 18 deaths so far according to the Leaf Chronicle

I know that God is in control. I know that. And trust me, I know there's no sense in worrying. And it's not really that I'm worried so much as I'm terrified out of my mind as to what else could possibly happen.

I'm supposed to go home on Friday. I really hope I can. I don't know what I'll do if I can't.

So, after I found out all of this, I had the pleasure of taking my oboe final. I think it went well but I've been on the verge of tears all day and that ten minutes of my life couldn't have gone faster.

They just need prayer down there please. I wouldn't mind a few prayers either, I've got 4 more finals that really need my attention.

1 comment:

  1. i know that you know this but i just wanted to reassure you, everything does happen for a reason that we may not figure out.

    i'm praying for you and your friends and family. :\
    if you cannot go home right away, you know you have another family in kentucky

    ReplyDelete