24 November 2010

Just Opened A Box of Soap..

This post is not about one person in particular, it's about humanity as a whole, unless otherwise specified.

We are the most disrespectful people ever, maybe it's just Americans. I don't know, but I'm tired of it. We don't respect the things we have, we don't respect others or their feelings, and we certainly don't respect our elders. And if we do have respect for those things we don't show it. This junk gets me fired up.

I'll start with the most recent offense because it sticks out most in my mind. The rest are in no specific order.
One of my good friends works in a food/drink establishment. Tonight at work this woman was COMPLETELY rude to her for no reason at all. I don't know the whole story but I know enough to say that she was disrespected entirely. Now, yes, as I pointed out to her, it's quite possible that this woman had gone through something today and just happened to take it out on my friend at that moment. Like I said, that's quite possible but her words were totally uncalled for.

I went to a football game this past weekend. The band, the players and even the coaches of the opposing team were just disrespectful. The band: starts playing their fight song OVER "our" [I say our but I don't attend this school, my sister does] band playing our fight song, they play over us while we're playing music in the stands, they play while the game is going on [which isn't supposed to be allowed], THEN as we're about to sing to our alma mater [or something like that] to our football players, their band starts playing. So we wait patiently for them to stop. They do. We start. THEN they start singing theirs over top of ours. WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING!?!? My mother wrote an email to the chair of their music department telling them how disrespectful their band was. Ok, on to the players. There were at the very least 8 personal fouls against their team. EIGHT. It's like they were out to kill or something. Seriously? Just play the game, there's no reason for excessive roughness. At one point, one of their guys tackled one of ours..ok no big deal, he then proceeds, instead of just standing up and getting off of him, to drag his ENTIRE body over this kid's head and knees him in the face. What the heck? Ok you get the point on the players..the coaches. Ugh I could have kicked them. Nine times out of 10, we'd get ready to play the game and the other team would stand up and look up at their coach because he's changing the play. No stinkin joke. 9 time out of 10. I will NEVER ever cheer for this team. Ever. I don't care if they're playing UT [I hate UT] I'll never have anything to do with them. We ended up beating them and knocking them down from their coveted spot in the rankings. :) And we're not even that good.

I have friends who don't think twice about how other people feel. I know how I would feel if someone cut me in line, and I know how they'd feel but they don't think twice about doing it to someone else. They cut people off while they're driving, they don't use their turn signals, they don't say "excuse me" in the grocery store.
They can't just let things go, they have to be right all the time. Sometimes I just want to scream "CAN'T YOU LET ME THINK I'M RIGHT JUST ONCE!?" They argue with almost everything...including my opinion ugh that drives me crazy. Haha you're probably thinking "then why are you friends with these people" because despite their lack of concern for anyone but themselves sometimes, they're cool people. I think we just need a little time apart.

I also don't appreciate when someone tells me they're going to be somewhere or do something..and then they don't. Ugh..that really gets me too.

One last thing. The utter disrespect for anything to do with our country: talking during the National Anthem, giggling during the National Anthem, not removing your hat for the National Anthem and/or Pledge of Allegiance mocking the Pledge of Allegiance, the list goes on...
I didn't find this out until this past weekend, but you're supposed to stand while the flag is being presented [like at a football game] and remain standing until it's off the field.
People hating on the military. OOOHHH [lightbulb] this is one of my biggest "hates": when girls [wives, girlfriends, fiances, and sometimes men] think that it's quite alright for them to cheat on their soldier, sailor, what have you, while they're away. Nothing will get me fired up more than that. YOU'RE MAN [woman] IS FIGHTING FOR YOUR FREEDOM AND YOU'RE DISRESPECTING HIM [her] WHILE HE'S [she's] DOING SO. Sorry, no. I was thinking about blogging about this the other day because I'd come in contact with someone who is doing just that..and has done it in the pas..but I haven't had time..until now.
I just don't know why people think that's ok. I don't understand why some people need more than one "someone" in their life when people like me don't even have one. What makes them feel so entitled that that  is ok? I just don't understand. I try my best to treat others how they'd want to be treated. If my husband cheated on me while I was deployed, I don't know what I'd do. I think that my world would be shattered. I don't believe in divorce at all but if these women [and some men are guilty of it too but I don't hear of it as much] don't care about their man enough to wait for him then why are they with him? He'd probably be better off without them because then he's not worrying about what they're doing at home. It just irks me the rights people think they have.
I know of 4 [and probably 5, I don't know the 3rd personally but I've been talking to her and reading her blogs and she seems completely in love with her husband] stand up military wives who know what's up. They love their man and they'd never do anything to hurt him or betray his trust. And to them I'm thankful to know there are good people out their supporting our troops.

Well. This blog turned into something I hadn't intended lol.
I'll step off my soapbox and go to bed.

Moral of the story: just respect people. Abide by the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you. I mean It's not that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment