26 January 2011

I Don't Wanna Be a Chicken.

I have stinky feet. I think it's an inherited gene. They've always been like that. My shoes don't stink..unless they're dress shoes. Those stink the worst. But I've worn my cowboy boots a lot of days in a row and they don't stink. But my feet do...weird.


I got this massive cut on my hand tonight and I'm not sure how. When I say massive I mean about 1/2 an inch long but fairly deep and shaped like an "L". It hurts and I wish I knew where I got it so I could never do that again.


You know when you smell something familiar but you just can't place it? That happened to me tonight. I walked into the bathroom and smelled something that I hadn't smelled in a long time. I'm not sure if it was someone's soap [or lack thereof], shampoo or conditioner but it was familiar and I want to know why.


Tonight, while I was smelling in the bathroom, I was also thinking. It's where I do my best work. It's amazing how much someone can change just in the course of a year. Well..a year and a half I guess...anyway. I made a friend the summer of 09. At the time, this friend did not get drunk, cuss or ignore me. I'm not sure what happened. Maybe a series of unfortunate events jaded and scarred this person. Now this person gets drunk in broad daylight, drops the f-bomb on facebook and doesn't even act like my friend. We used to talk all day everyday. Then one day we didn't..and now this person doesn't acknowledge my existence most of the time. It breaks my heart, not as much as it used to. It used to really bother me. I felt like I did something wrong, or I wasn't good enough. But that's not it at all. This person just changed. I wish they hadn't. But I guess that's just the way life goes.


Tonight, I was waiting [sort of] patiently to go get into a closet to put some stuff away. There was already a girl and a guy in there and a guy standing outside [blocking the doorway] talking to them. So I expressed my need to enter. Talky McTalkster got a [fake] tude with me, I walked past him and entered the small room. The boy that was already in there said something about why didn't I just hand it to him and he could have put it in there. And I said "because I'm an independent woman" and put my hands on my hips to emphasize my point. And he says "Yes you are" and something about repenting and then the girl says "right...when she gets out of the military" I didn't take offense to any of this. I know they were both joking but some people are serious about women being independent. Well when a man finally comes around who wants me to depend on him and who will be dependable, then I'll be a dependent woman. But until then I don't have much choice other than to be independent. If I need help, I ask for it, I'm not prideful. I didn't need help. I just needed Talky McTalkster to move so I could get in. Not a big deal. What are your thoughts on this matter?


I'm telling you what, I'm going to love my military history class. Aside from the fact that there's like 7 armies in there, my teacher is HILARIOUS! Today he reenacted the American Revolution for us! He first got on his desk to demonstrate the advantage the American soldiers had over the British [they were on top of the hill] then he pretended to be a British soldier who'd been shot and was dying. This involved him rolling around on the ground!! This cat is a big, dude..not HUGE but tall and Santa Clause-like..I think I mentioned that before..that he looks like Santa. Well he does. It was the funniest thing I've seen all month!! He's going to be a riot! Also, today the armies were speaking army. I have NO idea what they were talking about but it was definitely entertaining to watch. They were arguing about something to do with platoons and squadrons and none of them knew what was going on. Quite humorous if you ask me. I know, you didn't ask me but it's my blog! :)


ALSO today. Wait, did you know there really is a Riot Act? I mean I figured there was, but I didn't realize people thought there wasn't. 


ALSO today [take 2] I set the date for my senior recital!!!! I'm soooooo excited!! Expect to see pictures of me, my dress, my oboe, my friends..ya know, the norm around April 4. The recital will take place on April 2. If you want to come, let me know and I'll give you info. :)


I think that's about it for today!!
Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment