17 January 2011

UPDATE.

Warning: If you haven't read the blog previous to this, you should because this one will make more sense if you do!




Soooo Jennifer and I went to Olive Garden today. 
We walked in, she did the talking.
She asked the woman if we could sit in Beau's section. 
The woman agreed to let us, the girl standing next to her looked at us funny.


He came after a few minutes and took our order.
He didn't have any look of recognition in his eyes...bummer.
He came back after a little while with breadsticks and salad.
Still nothing.
He asked if we had any special plans this week and we pretty much said no.
Then he said "have I served you ladies before?" and I said "I was here on Thursday" and he said "oh ok! I've worked everyday since then all day"
Then he left. We think the girl from the front told him we asked for him.


I had my "Pearl Drums" shirt on.
He asked me about it and asked if I was a musician and I told him I was.
And he said "That's right! you're a music major, you play the oboe and..you're joining the Navy!" and I said "yea!! good job"
Then he talked to Jennifer for a little while. She said something about us having the same name.
He said "what was your name? I'm sorry I don't remember"
Of course, I'd just put a mouthful of food in my mouth...I chewed and swallowed and said "you never found out or you would have commented on my mom's name" and he said "what's your mom's name?" and I told him her name. And he said "OH YEA I saw that on the card hahahaha"
We ate.


The whole time Jennifer is saying how she's gonna give him my number. 
He didn't really seem all that interested today so I tried to get her not to.
He came back to take our dessert order. 
We gave it to him.
He brought it to us. Along with more water.


Then he brings our check, lays a handful of mints on the table, leaves and comes back with another handful. Totaling 17.
We eat the rest of our dessert. 
I divide the mints.
We have an odd number...the only polite thing to do is to give it back.
So I did. I said "you gave us an odd number so you can have that one" 
He said "oh thank you! I've been wanting to eat one of these! I'm gonna eat it right now"
Then he asks if I need change.
If I say no then he won't come back. 
If I say yes, he will.
MUAHAHAHA. :)
I said yes and he looked sort of sad.
He brought the change back while Jennifer was in the "bathroom" [really she was getting a pen from the people in the front because she couldn't find one.] 
He said "Is there anything else you would like today?" or something like that..and I wanted to say "yea...you're number" buuuut I didn't. :) 
I'm not that type of person.
Jennifer says "you have to put yourself out there" I don't like putting myself out anywhere!


She comes back, he comes running up, throws the mint on the table and says "I WANT YOU TO HAVE AN ODD NUMBER" and runs away. 
We were like uuuuhhh...
So we put it with his tip..
I got up because I had to use the bathroom. So I walked away.
But not without first seeing Jennifer put a piece of paper in the tip pocket...


UGH. I just don't know how I feel about this...I don't like putting myself out there. I know I know I'll probably never see him again..and even if I did he wouldn't remember me. 


We'll see if he calls I guess....


I was supposed to pick up a friend from the airport tonight to take her back to school. But flights are being crazy.
I was kind of irritated that I had to wait until tonight and couldn't go back yesterday but I like to help friends in need.
So I said yes. 
If I hadn't said yes I wouldn't have experienced everything I did yesterday and today.
God is interesting. Very interesting...
I'll keep you all updated on this aspect of my life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment