24 January 2011

My Breath Smells Funny.

This is a need to know blog.

Well.

Sort of.

ALL you really NEED to know is this:

THE PACKERS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buuuuut I'll give you a few more morsels of excitement to savor. :)

1. Today I set up a time to take the Navy test! WAAAAAHOOOOOO!!!
Let me just tell you that just the fact I get to take it is proof that I 1. have an amazing officer recruiter and 2. [and most importantly] God is all up in my kool-aid.
I called [we'll call him Captain Crunch] Captain Crunch today. I've actually never met him, I've talked to him on the phone a couple of times. He has a funny voice though! Anyway. So I call him to ask if I can use a calculator [I can't] and to see if there's a specific time when I need to take the test, like day. I ask him if I'm allowed to take it on the weekend. He asks what the earliest I can get there would be is and I tell him I have class all day and 530 would be the absolute earliest. He asks where I'm coming from. I tell him. And he says "Well, most people wouldn't do this but I understand your dilemma so I'll come in on a Saturday so you can take it" I am MOST overjoyed at this, I didn't let him know that though...I don't think anyway. Then he asks what Saturday I was thinking, I told him February 12, he said he couldn't do it that weekend, but he could do it the next. So I told him that was fine and thanked him for making an exception.
If that's not God, I don't know what is. He could have been a complete jerk and said that I had to skip class to make it on time or I couldn't take it. But he didn't.
This just reaffirms my complete belief and peace in the fact that I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.

2. I'm pretty sure that the postal service has it out to get me or something...
About a month ago I received a Christmas card..or what was supposed to be a Christmas card in the mail from a friend...all that arrived was the front of the envelope and the flap. The back of the envelope and its contents are lost somewhere...I have no idea where. What I received arrived in a plastic baggy with a note from the post office apologizing for the inconvenience...ERG.
Today I received a card from my mom. Not only was the envelope ripped and glued back together, my card was ripped too! What is this junk!?!? Geez. I don't think I've ever mistreated any postal carrier. Why are they targeting me!?

3.Well I don't really have anything else to say..I just feel like 2 morsels of excitement isn't really enough.
I did get to see my friend Rebecca THREE times today! This is quite abnormal.
OH! I've fallen in love with a new movie: Baby Mama. I'd seen it before this weekend but I never really appreciated it. BEST. MOVIE. EVER. It's got the greatest one-liners. Haha. My friends and I quote it ALL day. :) It's the bomb. Check it out. Fa real.

4. I remembered one more. One of my friends is getting married in June and she's asked me to help her get together songs for the reception. BEST. JOB. EVER. Seriously, it's been so fun!! I should be a DJ or something. hahahah...

5. Well. That's all I've got. Tomorrow is smoothie night! I'm super duper excited!! :)

Thththth That's All Folks!

1 comment: