15 March 2010

Cheesy Tots on the Ides of March!

Beware...the Ides of March!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOUT OUT TO CODY!!! :)

I know all of you thought at one point today "I hope Jennifer tells us all about her day in her cool new blog I'm following!" So...I'm giving the people what they want!!! :) A list of everything I can think of that happened in the past 24 hours!! Fun and not so fun! 

1. Liz and I went to bed at 10 last night (but in real time it was only 9) so neither of us were [was?] tired. So we just chatted! This is a little peep into what our lives are like as roommates on a daily basis. We talked about the missions trip we went on together 2 years ago. We went to the Bahamas with our campus ministry and it was SOOOO FUUUUNNN!! Well... we had some down time and we were sitting around the pool..neither of us feeling the urge to take a dip. So I say "Hey Liz, wanna play Go Fish?" and she says "Sure do you have cards?" and I say "No....we can just make it up!" So we do!! How fun is that!?!? I'll tell you...SOOOO FUUUNNN!! Pretty soon there are people noticing how much fun we're having and of course..they don't understand what's going on. So we try to explain..it doesn't work really. But that's ok. We had fun..one couple did join us and they were FUN...but that's all. We didn't allow anyone else.

1a. Then we talked about how we went to church on that one Sunday we were there and we found these little boys, well they were like 10 and they did the Soulja Boy Crank That dance for us AND sang it..AND she video taped it...ah...the Bahamas. So many good memories there...

1b. While we were there, I acquired an ENORMOUS bottle [that i may still have..come to think of it..] anyway..so I thought "Whoa this would be really good to fill up and drink on the plane!" [and you're thinking..."uh yea..if you wanna pee a river.."] then I remembered that I couldn't fill it up before security bc they'd make me drink it and that would be BAAAD...so I emptied it and wait until we got past there to fill it up. So I searched and searched for a water fountain well..of course I didn't find one. So I went on the hunt for a sink..well FORTUNATELY for me they had bathrooms with sinks..so I happily filled my water bottle to its brim and went back to my seat. Well I had some cheezits..and you guys know those things are salty...so I took a great big swig and...almost spewed it EVERYWHERE...it tasted like TOILET WATER!! So...we weren't allowed to talk on the plane on the way back but I just couldn't help myself and Liz was sitting behind me doing homework. So I turned around and said: "Do you need help with your homework?" and she said "no." and I said "well would you like a cracker?" and she said "no." and I said "how about some toilet water?" and when I said that our friend Carl heard me and he made a face like "GIIIIIRRRRL WHAT YOU TALKIN BOUT!?!" so I burst out laughing and liz looks at me like "SSSSHHHHH!!! WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT" and I said "Carl just heard what I said and made this face" and demonstrated and then she laughed hard. :)

2. I woke up today in a pretty good mood. Jesus helped me stay awake so I could read His word. It was great. I started this new study where you read the Bible chronologically..so far it's cool. It was my first day. I had one before but it didn't give me any direction...it just said "hey read this many chapters a day and you'll finish in a year"...I need direction. So that was good. I read about the Creation then the Fall of Man! Tomorrow is Abraham and Isaac! WOOHOO!!

3. Jesse brought cookies. They smelled funny but they tasted good. They were chocolate chip oatmeal..I don't typically like oatmeal but I couldn't even tell! And she explained some things to me about basketball that I didn't understand..not how it's played but how they chose the teams they did....

4. I played my oboe in Instrumental Arranging. It was....interesting. I arranged "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"...only a few people got it though. :( Oh well...maybe next time. The rhythms were a little hard for sight reading I guess..oh well. 

5. I ate lunch with REBECCA AND ANDREA!! YAY!! We're going to St. Louis for Spring Break [just Rebecca and I] and I'm SOOOOO EXCITED!! We're going to so many fun places, you should be jealous.

6. I took a test in my LEAST favorite class...yea I think I did alright..we'll see I guess. I'm just ready to be done with this class.BLEH!

7. We watched Boy Meets World in the band office...AAAAHHHH I LOOOOVE THAT SHOW!!!!! I wish someone that loves me would buy it for me for my birthday! That'd be nice of them :)
8. Megan came to visit, she hasn't done that in a while. She's writing a paper about how to make your wedding "green" I'm sure it's interesting, I couldn't concentrate on it to understand.

9. I ate supper with Megan and Rebecca! We watched lots of commercials and Selection Monday for the women on the big screen. It was nice!

10. I mixed pink lemonade with my sweet tea and it was GOOOOD.

11. I talked to a strange man with a vacuum cleaner...it was strange and I wish to never do it again.

12. I played a concert where I had a HUGE solo..it was seriously like "hey..let's throw some band in here with this English Horn" but everyone said I did a very fine job, so I believe them. I hope that many people wouldn't lie to me! That's just awful!

13. I talked to my mom like 67 times today for some reason..then my sister called as I'm waiting to go on stage [I had like 15 minutes still] because my dad told her to call me to tell me that my school was playing a school I used to want to attend...I already knew this because it's a BIG DEAL here..but I said thank you and hung up. Not on her, she hung up too. :)

14. I did not have to walk back to my dorm because my friend Kaylee loves me enough to offer me a ride!! She's dating a wonderful boy and I just love them so much! They're so cute!!!

15. Well...not much else happened..I know all the exciting stuff was at the beginning, I'm sorry if the end was boring. :( That's just how my day went. I'm sure I'll think of more later, I should have written it down so I didn't forget..oh well..too late now. 


ps. I didn't really eat cheesy tots today..in case there was any confusion...:) 




4 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I enjoy your life. Do this a lot, okay? And I'm glad I live with you. Really glad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction: I played Go Fish with you, and I was sitting there by the pool, and I started it when you guys did.

    I feel so loved, that you would remember me there. =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, I don't remember that...:/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the part where carl makes funny faces at you for toilet water. you're my favorite today... many other days as well.

    ReplyDelete