28 March 2010

The Whole Place is a No Parkin Zone, Crater Face!

I need to start this out by saying 2 things...1. I love my roommate, her family and their abilities to easily entertain me..and 2. This is gonna be LOOOONG because I was gone for so long. So, don't read it unless you've got the time!


I'll just give you the rundown of my Spring Break.

FRIDAY/SATURDAY [because not much happened on these days]
Well, I think I need to say that my Form & Analysis class and I successfully convinced our teacher to have class outside..mmhm. :)
After that, Rebecca and I got our stuff, loaded it in Bertha and went to Dairy Queen! We got these cream slush things...oh baby they were goood!! Andrea met us there but she couldn't stay long because she had to work. SOOOO...onward to TN we were..
Rebecca survived The Land of The Traffic Cylinders.  That place is NUTS, I'm not sure how her head didn't explode!! But I'm glad it didn't!!
We got to town, went by JAVAJACKS! [HOLLLAA] and saw the cutest couple :) then to walmart to get batteries and food for the trip!
When we arrived home it was my sister's 18th Birthday [it was her birthday all day long but you know...]so we ate pizza and icecream and watched tv. :) 
We slept on the most UNCOMFORTABLE fold out couch EVERR!!I can't believe we make people sleep on it! I'm appalled, really! Saturday: We just kind of lounged around, then we went to drop off Elmer [my computer] at my friend Aaron's house so he could get fixed!! Then to Flamigo Row we drove...WOOHOO!! 
On the way we listened to the Murray/Butler game...man it was bad. I can't believe we played so poorly but still only lost by 2 points..if we had been on our A game we could be in the Final Four right now..oh well. Maybe next year.
Flamingo Row was amazing! From there we went to the Paducah Symphony which was also good!!! Then to Sonic then on to Rebecca's house.

SUNDAY
We woke up. Ate some poptarts. Yum!
In Sunday School we talked about addictions, it was interesting what people had to say...
We played the Wii Bowling after church, I'm no better at that than I am regular bowling!! Haha.
Andrea came and played a mini recital with Rebecca at her church. That was fun!! 
Oh boy...we then went home to make LAYERED dip...although the term "layered" is optional according to Rebecca and Andrea..it was an interesting experience to say the least...then we had these AMAZING brownies...oh boy they were GOOOOD.
We watched Apollo 13..I'd never seen it. It was really good and I'll probably watch it again sometime. Then we started to watch Connie and Carla and Rebecca fell asleep so we stopped it so we could watch it another time.

MONDAY
We woke up to rain. It was ugly. Very ugly.
We drove to meet Cody...we got off on the wrong exit, that was fun haha.
We went to the City Museum, crawled around in the caves and went down the slides!! I enjoyed myself for a good hour and a half. They have a vintage clothing shop at the top..well on the 4th floor, that's hardly the top but we'll just pretend. Anyway, the bummer is you're not allowed to take pictures so you can't try on funny looking clothes and pose for pictures. :( Oh well, it was still fun. :) I bought a shotglass for my collection. No, I don't use them, I just collect them. It's black. I don't have a black one yet. We were parked in a parking lot near the City Museum, right? Well, when we parked, there was no one parked perpendicularly behind us BUT when we came back there was...guess who got to be traffic director for a day [and by traffic I mean Cody] yours truly. :) He literally came within like 4 inches of that dumb car.
Then we went to the Soldier Memorial Museum **sigh** again, we couldn't take pictures. AND there was a guy on display who was a Navy Pilot and that's what I want to be and I wanted to get my picture with his stuff but I was afraid I'd get in trouble. :(
I really love my country. I love history museums, I love learning about wars, well mostly looking at pictures and reading about people. I just love it!
For lunch we went to Union Station and ate Chinese from Panda Express!! It was fantastic! We watched the fudge maker sing while he made it, that was entertaining, then we walked by later and he gave us some..man oh man..it was amazing. I bought a shirt that says "I *heart* STL" [of course :)] and a pair of sunglasses!! [again, of course] (If you don't know, I have to buy sunglasses any time I go to a new place..it's just tradition: I bought some in the Bahamas, then I went to Chicago and left the ones I'd bought in the Bahamas at home so I had to buy more. Then I went to Washington DC and left my Chicago ones in the room. Then I went to Atlanta and by then it was just tradition. :))
To the Science Center we went from there. This man tried to take our parking spot but we were there first so we fought him for it. Cody's buff, you should see him in the heat of battle! :)
The first thing [well maybe 2nd] you see when you walk in is a slain triceratops!! And the culprit is standing over him just grinning from ear to ear...that sleazy T-Rex.
THEN... [this is the best part so pay attention] we were outside and Cody was climbing on the stone dinosaurs when I notice this shirtless man...he was all tatted up and pumped full of melanin!! He was with this kid, who was probably 14 or 15..well they were just standing around..I'm still not positive what they were doing..anyway. So I'm trying to discreetly take a picture and it's not really working out soooo..I walk around to the t-rex [i believe] and when I turn to look at them the guy is down on the ground doing push ups...see:
yea..it was entertaining haha. :)
We were really looking forward to riding segways but alas, they weren't ready for us. :(
So...before we even left Murray I'd lost my chapstick but Rebecca graciously gave me one of hers because she had 2...well..I somehow lost that one too. I'm not sure how, but it happened. :(
So Cody dropped us back off where he picked us up and we went home. There was nothing to eat there so we went to a mexican restaurant..let me tell you I was POOPED and I looked like a toad on a log [and I think Rebecca feels the same about herself]!! But, nevertheless, the boys stared...I think it MAY have been because I was wearing my Murray State hoodie and we'd just caused a HUGE upset in the NCAA bracket lol..but then we retracted that upset by causing another that did no good for us..anyway, boys stared. Then, when we were leaving, the same boys, with a few new ones stared again. This time, a guy that wasn't there before whispered, sort of loudly, "MURRAY STATE...blah blah blah" Boys. Yuck.
Then we went to Kroger and had fun sliding on the floors. Then I was leaning on the self check out turny thing and it wouldn't let us pay..who knew?
We finished Connie and Carla THEN we watched Grease. Man oh man. I didn't realize that I knew ALL of the words to that movie lol..and I haven't seen it in 12 years!! HAHA. Kennickie is my favorite!! [I feel like that's how it was spelled in the credits, I know it looks funny] He says the greatest things. Watch it and see for yourself!!
Bedtime.

TUESDAY.
Went to pick up Cody and James. They're fun! But before we got there, we went to Target because Rebecca had lost her chapstick too so we had to get more because there was no way we'd both make it all day with chapped lips.
We went to the zoo where all the animals were still SLEEPING. Geez, you'd think they'd wake up for such beauties as ourselves...their loss. I took lots of pictures of them anyway. We visited the penguins and Rebecca decided that since there wasn't a sign saying she couldn't, she should touch the penguins...so she did. Well, that rebellious act got us kicked out off the zoo!! Just kidding, she did get scolded by a worker though..she almost lost a finger, you know. :)
We ate lunch at turtle park ON a turtle!! Yep, sure did! AND while we were there, a woman with a man holding a video camera came up and asked us a question about spring, we [well james and I] answered and we'll be on STLTV sometime..when they decide to air it! :) you can go here to try to find it if you'd like.http://stlouis.missouri.org/citygov/stltv/
Then we went putt putt golfing. I lost, as usual. I just don't have good coordination..doesn't work for me. :/ Then James and Cody left and we had lots of time to kill before we met Rebecca's friend for supper. Soooo we went to the arch, but before that we went to Sonic and got HUGE drinks because..well, we were thirsty. Back to the arch, since both of us had been in it before and neither of us really wanted to spend the money and the line was really long, we decided that looking at the museum underneath was a good compromise. So we were headed in when I saw a sign that read "NO DRINKS BEYOND THIS POINT" [or something like that, OH at Union Station it said we couldn't wear tennis shoes on the escalators...strange place...] and we had these HUGE drinks...so we just sat and people watched. We played the "What job do you think they have" game and then we just asked questions about people to one another..it was fun. THEN...this boy collecting trash caught our eye, he was fun, he had a cart! He was cute too...not very much melanin in him though...sad times. So we watched him for a while..I think he knew we were though because then he stopped what he was doing and started talking to this woman who was also an employee there and he started staring off in our direction...BUSTED. Then we decided it was time to go. So we got up to use the bathroom..well Rebecca needed to, I didn't. We walked all the way over there and it's CLOSED!! The nerve of some people! :) But it redirected us to the bathroom inside the museum..so we walk back over there. Since I didn't have to go AND I still had lots to drink, I resumed my spot on the fun bench facing cart boy. 
After that we went to find where her friend lives. Well, we found it really quick and we didn't want to sit in visitor parking for 40 minutes, so she was gonna show me parts of the city...well we didn't think we could turn left out of this joint [turns out there was a light and we could have...] so we turned right and we were gonna turn around. So we start this act..but every time we went to turn left to get back to where we were it was blocked off!! It was terrifying. Well not really, it was really just funny. :) So by the time we do get to turn left it's time to head back to the dorm. So we do and she comes out and I meet her, she's nice!!!
We went to the Loop, which isn't really a loop at all, it's more like Broadway in Nashville, for those of you who know what that means lol. But there used to be a trolley that went up and down that road and "loop"ed around..hence the name. :) We ate at a place called..well..I don't remember..but then we went to FroYo...oh man that place was AMAZING! Then we needed to turn around so for some reason we chose a really shady alley to do so..we almost got hit by this kid from Cali...ugh. lame-o. 
We went back to Jessa's dorm and I read this book about messed up cakes, then we went back to Mt. Vernon.

WEDNESDAY
I went home, went to church, went to bed.

THURSDAY
yucko doctor, they took my blood, then the dentist. :(

FRIDAY
SLEPT IN WOOHOO!! Jennifer texts me and tells me to call her...so I did. Well, then I needed to go downtown Nashville, so I did. Got her, went to get this thing. Then she took me to this peanut shop and a chocolate shop and bought me stuff. it was GOOOOD. Then I went back home and Ali came over. We ordered pizza and the delivery man was VERY confused about which house was mine. It was comical. 
Pizza was good, then we watched The Green Mile. Oh man, such a gooood movie! SO good! 
Then I went to Lara's and watched New Moon, yuck I didn't like it, and played Karaoke wii! That was fun! 
Went to bed

SATURDAY
Woke up too early and took the dogs to get cheap rabies shots at the vet. Sat there for a LONG time. Then when they finally came out Winston decided he wanted to get rabies and crawled under the car. Getting him out was an adventure. 
Went home, slept a few more hours, got up, watched tv, then went with Jennifer. We went to Walmart a lot, then to the Verizon store, Logans AND when we were coming back be saw a crime scene! Yup, sure did. So I made her turn around. She did. :) And we investigated...sort of. We later found out it was a triple murder. Scary stuff, homes!!
We then went to movie gallery, where they're having a HUGE sale because they're going out of business. I got 6 movies for $5!!! Then we went to walmart, again, then to our friend Aaron's to get Elmer back. While there I saw my favorite Marine on the planet!! I just love him and his entire family! Then we went back to her house and started a movie that was REALLY dumb..so we left and went to walmart...again...then I went home, put everything back on my computer and went to bed. 

SUNDAY. 
Wake up.
Go to church.
Come home.
Put more on computer.
Do laundry.
Watch TV.
Leave for Murray.
Almost hit 2 idiot kids.
Get gas.
Return hard drive.


Write blog. :)
Upload pics of ST. LOUIS!!

1 comment:

  1. "he was all tatted up and pumped full of melanin!!"

    I will always remember those words. Always.

    ReplyDelete