18 March 2010

Would you like a ride out of the Taffeta Ghetto?

So I've discovered that when I go into a certain class happy or in a good mood on test day I usually do poorly...why the heck is this!? It's so frustrating because I'm thinking positively and it's like the universe wants to bring me down a notch..it's so irritating and very discouraging. I hate being in a bad mood and if I have to be in a bad mood to do well on these tests...well that just won't do!


I packed for Spring Break this afternoon...man it took a while. First I had to remove all of my dirty clothes from my laundry basket because it had to be used as a "junkbox" so I can take stuff home that I haven't touched since I got here in August. Then I had to place all the junk in the basket. Then I had to separate the clean clothes I'm wearing the first part of the week from the clean clothes I'm wearing the last half of the week. Then I had to go through all my dirty clothes and see which ones I would need for the first half of the week so I can wash them on Saturday morning. Ugh..it was an ordeal. Just let me tell you! Well, I guess I already did, didn't I?


So let me just say that MURRAY STATE BEAT VANDERBILT!! HOLLLLAAA!! I only got to see the last 5 minutes of the game because the internet was being dumb, then I had a phone interview [which shall be discussed in a few minutes] but apparently that was the best part!!! It was sooo good..we made a shot right as the buzzer was going off and beat those stinkin commodores by 1 point!! I wish I liked basketball lol..but I'm SO GLAD we won! My friend was watching the interviews afterwards and she said that our team is pretty humble and lots of other stuff so yay Racers for being good people. :)


So yea..my interview. It went well for the most part I believe. The questions she asked were REALLY hard to answer over the phone..I felt like I needed more time to think but it was really awkward just sitting there thinking while she was waiting...I hope I got the job. I think it would be SO fun!!! I'll find out around April 2nd what the outcome is. I know that the Lord will provide though. If this isn't the job I'm supposed to have, he'll give me something better!! :)


So today, my neighbor, Jennifer, and I went to the Wellness Center and worked out!!! WOOHOO!!! haha. It was so fun. I love exercising I just don't have time..and when I do I'm just too tired to do so. Anyway...GUESS WHAT!!! I BENCHED 60 LBS!!! HOLLLAA!! I'm so proud of myself, if you can't tell. :) I think I could have done more if I hadn't started at 45, maybe if I'd started at 50 and if I didn't have zumba afterward. I didn't want to wear myself out ya know?


So let me just say, I'm not really a fan of UK and I really wanted them to lose...I don't understand what all the fuss is about. Yes, they're good. But why do SO MANY people have to like them..it's NUTS. I really wanted ETSU to win so UK fans would just shut their faces...yes Megan, I know you like UK but just like you're entitled to your opinions, as am I to mine. I guess I don't not like them...but I'm just not a fan...whatever. I wish they would have lost. 


I have a prayer request, one of my friends is not making wise decisions, I'm not exactly sure what he's thinking  honestly. He's not doing anything wrong but he's going about what he's doing the wrong way. Just pray that God shoots some wisdom into his head so he can get back on track. 


This is the last time I'll be writing for at least 10 days. I may write over break while I'm at home but don't count on it, we have dial up internet still...yea. But in those 10 days I shall be doing all sorts of wonderful things such as: going to the Paducah Symphony, going to Flamingo Row!!!!, traveling to St. Louis YAY and going to the zoo, the city museum, riding segways and watching Apollo 13! Yay. :) I'm excited!! 


Well. That's all I've got today. Have a great weekend and be safe, please!

2 comments:

  1. i respect your opinions. i dont like the cocky ones either. we just talked about it not that long ago but i think you were talking about a different game... i'm just now reading these though.

    ReplyDelete