31 July 2011

Eeny Meeny Miney Mo

First I'd like to say (quite cryptically if you don't mind) that sometimes I'm an idiot. Usually it's about the same thing...I'm glad I've moved on from that.

Ok. Moving right along....

This weekend has been an interesting one. I'd like to give you every little detail..but it will bore you. TO DEATH. So just take my word for it when I say the devil is trying to do a number on me...but no no no I won't let that happen!

So during this weekend, I came up with a list of reasons not to live in Chicago. And I feel compelled to share this list with you!

I'll go from least important to most important.

The Cubs are awful. [All the cool people like the White Sox.]
The weather is crazy!
If you like normal pizza (from Dominoes) you're OUT. OF. YOUR. MIND.
People here like the Bears. Ew.
Snow.
There's always construction. Always.
The roads are crap..that's why there's always construction.
Everyone wants everything done yesterday. [this one really bugs me]
The people here aren't as friendly as they are in the South.
My uncle lives here.

Please don't get me wrong. I love love LOVE it here. I know, it sounds like I don't. I do. I just don't like the idea of staying here permanently. 
I think there are more reasons but I didn't write them down so I don't remember. Yes, I'm one of thooooose.

I went to church today. TWICE! I found out that the morning church preacher was in the Navy. I hope to talk to him eventually. The 2nd church was great. It was recommended by a good friend. I'm glad I know him. The people there were fabulous. I might be getting together with a couple of the women to do a Bible Study. We'll see how it works out! :) 

My Navy test is Friday. Please be praying for it. I'm nervous about it. But really excited too. 



1 comment: