20 July 2011

Refinnej Eldnab, Where Are You These Days?

Today was my 2nd day off in a row!
Craziness, I know! It's been ridiculously hot here so no one has had bicycles that need repair. Please don't ask me why. I have no idea. The best answer I can give is that they're whimps. But I can't say I'd be riding my bike either in this junk! All I know is that hardly any repairs have come in.
So I had yesterday off. I watched a movie: The American President. It was good. And studied. 
Today I watched 2 movies. Both bad: Die Hard (the original) and Black Hawk Down.
I usually enjoy war movies but I just didn't like this one. And Die Hard was just dragging on and on and on!
And I tried so hard to study. I'm just so tired of it! I feel like my brain is going to explode soon if I don't get all of this information out of it! There's soooo much to know!
I've got 2 weeks and 2 days until my test. Ah!

Today was rough. It definitely could have been a lot worse, but little things kept happening that just made me want to scream "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!"
Like: I set my phone down next to my taco. I picked it up and it had sour cream, taco sauce and cheese on it. BAH!
Then. I was leaning over my cup of water and I spilled it. ALL. OVER. MY. NOTECARDS. And a little got on my computer but just on the top. Ugh. So irritating.
BUT! It was all made better when a lady, from the AWESOME church I visited this past Sunday, brought me cupcakes!!!!!!!!! YES! Cupcakes! I thought they were just regular yellow cake with chocolate icing. Oh no no no. I was fooled. They had chocolate IN THE MIDDLE and dark chocolate icing!! Oh they were gooood! She also gave me a thank you card! I had already decided to return there for the rest of the summer. But, had I had any doubts before, they would have gone out the window after that! Hahah. That was such a kind gesture. She (or someone..) took the time to make those just for me (and probably other visitors too..). That's why I liked this church. The people reached out and welcomed me. At the other church, I don't think anyone even knew I was a visitor. Which is sort of sad when you think about it. It wasn't a HUGE church, I've been to bigger. I don't know, I just feel like the people at the door should know a stranger when they see one. As soon as I sat down at this new church, a young lady came up and introduced herself! She was so sweet! And like 4 more came up after her!
It felt like home. And that's what I was looking for.

Tomorrow I will be driving to work alone. My uncle is taking the day off.
The trip should be interesting. There are about 14 different ways I can get there. I'm pretty sure I know the way he told me to go. I hope so anyway!
My uncle requested me to make some more strawberry shortcake this week! YAY! I LOOOOOOOOVE it. It's my favorite!! :)

Friday I'll be going with the neighbor girl to get her ears pierced! I'm really excited. She's such a sweetheart! Friday marks one month until her 9th birthday! :)
I've got lots of fun things in mind as presents for her!
I'll tell you all about them soon enough!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment