10 July 2011

I Could Flirt With All The Guys...Smile At Them And Bat My Eyes

So I'm noticing this is becoming a "Whiny Schminy Blog"
I'm not down for that.
Not every single time I blog any way. Maybe once every 5 blogs. 
I might start blogging once a week. Just save up all the good stuff that happens and write it all at once. Unless one day is abnormally exciting lol. :) Then I'll lay it on ya a little at a time.
Just know that he (my boss, about whom I'm whining) is a jerk and that's probably not going to change. If it does, I'll let you know.
I've decided that whenever I feel the strong urge to slash his tires or key up his Harleys real good, I'm going to think about happy things...like my best best friend coming to visit me in August, or my future husband, or how much my dad is the opposite of my uncle and how thankful I am for that, how much my mom loves me, how blessed I am to have the friends that I do, how I'LL BE IN THE NAVY THIS TIME NEXT YEAR! Ya know, stuff like that. 
The reason for this change of thinking...I was talking to a friend's mother this morning. I don't think she knows what's been going on. If she does well hot dog..but this is what she said to me (and we weren't even talking about life up here..):
and you will learn a lot about yourself and how much you can handle! hang in there and keep being your cheerful self!!

My cheerful self. That's right. I'm a cheerful person. But I bet you couldn't tell by the tone of my last few blogs. And trust me, that tone has translated into my face. I don't like being unhappy or agitated. I don't like it one bit. So I'm going to stop. And she probably doesn't know it, but those words encouraged me a lot. So today was day one of...well I'm not sure what to call it hahah. But it was the first day. :)


So Dave and I were talking the other day (we do that a lot, our not-so-benchy work benches are right next to each other) about black people. I love black people. He found that out pretty quick lol. We were talking about how my uncle and Bryan are afraid of black people. hahahah. I told him "they're just peeeeeeeeople with more melanin! There's no reason to be afraid of them!" and he said "yea! I agree" then he affirmed what I've been thinking but wasn't sure was accurate or not. He said "Man, when have you EVER heard of a black serial killer. EVER!?! I'm afraid of white people. At least when black people kill someone they have a reason and it's not just for some creepy reason!" The man speaks truth! I'd been thinking that for a while but didn't want to say it if it was inaccurate. Dave knows a lot so I believe him. hahaha.


There's a nudist colony up here. HAHAHAH. My friends sometimes suggest that I join one. I just don't like wearing clothes. It's such a burden.

Like I said, Dave knows a lot. He's a body builder...but he doesn' t look like Arnold...I've never seen him topless. (hahah that sounds funny when you say it about a guy..but it's the same thing!) He probably looks more like Ryan. Anyway, as a result of the building of his body, he knows nutrition. I was talking about giving up sweets except on Sundays. And he looks at me with a hint of amusement in his eyes and says "and why would you do that?" and I say "because sugar is bad for you" and he says "yes, some kinds of sugar..but really, people who want to lose weight should, in theory, eat nothing but sugar. Your body burns sugar as energy, that's the only thing it knows how to do with it..it doesn't store it or anything. BUT you should  stay away from flour, and corn syrup..." and some other things. As long as it's pure sugar and not that high fructose corn syrup stuff, you're good to go. Good to know, Dave, good to know.

I wonder what it's like to live in a world where you're always the victim. Where you always count on everyone to think of you first, to put you first. Where you think of no one but yourself. A world where everything that goes wrong is someone else's fault, never your own. Where you're constantly putting everyone around you down. A world where everyone who asks a semi-difficult question is either a drunk or a stoner. Where the only thing considered "music" is rock-n-roll. i just wonder....


My husband will be self sufficient. If you're my friend on facebook, you may have seen my status about this...
Things he will be able to do while I'm gone, whether it be on vacation, deployed or gone for good:
his own laundry
shop for groceries
cook above mentioned groceries
clean up after himself
do the dishes (this would tie in with cleaning up)
take care of the dog (yes, we WILL have a dog)
take care of the children (if we have them)
pay bills

I think that's about it. Simple things. Yes, I realize it's nice to be needed, but I need his world not to crumble when I'm gone for a few days and I happen to not go grocery shopping the day before I leave. He needs to be able to fend for himself. 

If you can't tell, I really like Dave hahah. (no, not like LIKE him...) He and Bryan were talking about when I'm leaving for good and whatnot. I told them that my aunt said I could stay as long as I wanted, I'd just have to get another job. And Dave said "DUDE (maybe he didn't say dude, but that sets up the tone for the rest of the sentence)! You know what would really kiiiiiiill him!? If you stayed until you left for the Navy! It would drive him absolutely crazy! So if you want to get back at him for being such an *expletive* just stay as long as you want! And I can get you a job at Starbucks and you can start like tomorrow!" (his brother is store manager or something..) then Bryan chimes in and says "I could get you pretty much any job you wanted in Elmhurst" and he starts listing off jobs. I love these guys. They're looking out for me and making me laugh while doing it. I considered it for a few minutes, staying that is...but I don't think it's the best option. I can't pinpoint the reasons but I just don't think it is.

AH! I built a bike! I can't believe I didn't tell you about this! It happened yesterday (the 7th). Well, I didn't blog yesterday so that's probably why I didn't tell you! Probably also because it was a huge ordeal to learn how that I'm not going to go into. I'm going to think about my future husband and just post the picture. :)

Raleigh Jazzi. A girl's bike. 
I'm so proud of that bike. I asked Bryan what I needed to do with it and he told me to move it to the other side of the room and I said "OH! Wait, I have to take a picture of it" and Bryan said "a picture...?" and Dave said "Yea man, she's proud of it!" 

Bryan makes fun of me because I have 800+ friends on facebook. The day after we became friends, he came into work and was like "So I think you know the whole state of Tennessee..." I was like "huh?" and he said "You have 830 friends on facebook!" and Dave said "What, are you number 831?" and Bryan said "Yea..(turns to me) do you even know all of those people!?" I explained that between college, church and high school, yes I had met every single one of them at one time or another. He was taken aback. Hahhaha. :) 

That is all...until the next time when I have a lot to say. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment