01 July 2011

Papa's Got A Brand New Bag

I didn't blog last night because yesterday was a bad day. Bad. Think of a cuss word and I'm sure it would describe the day perfectly. Seriously. I've forgotten most of what happened because there's no reason to rehash it....that's why I didn't blog.
The best part though: I saw a woman with a Green Bay Packers license plate holder. :)

Today on the way home, my uncle and I saw a plane flying really low. It looked like it was going to land at a local airport but it circled back around and got even lower. It was so cool. Seriously, I almost cried. I know, that's dumb, but I'm serious. I can't wait to be flying.

I also can't wait for this weekend! I believe I told you about the neighbor girl, Madeline [pronounce madelin, short "i"]. She's 8 and she's so stinkin sweet. She thinks I'm cool too! I might see if she's free if she wants to see a movie on Monday. I think that would be a lot of fun! She asked me to come with her to get her ears pierced!! I felt very honored! :) The first time I met her I had a braid in my hair. I'd been there for about an hour and she went up to her mom and said "Can you put a braid in my hair?" And so her mom tried but the braid didn't hold up to Madeline's standards. So I offered to do it. Because her hair was so short and so fine, I couldn't do it exactly like mine but she was very please with the results. She's so sweet.

This morning I read James 3. There were a couple verses in the passage that were exactly what I needed. It's James 3:10-12: Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring/ My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water. The people at the bike shop can really get under my skin and make me want to yell curse words. I can't say that I haven't been thinking them because that would be a lie. This verse reminded me that to not say them is the right thing to do. If I profess to be a Christian and I'm cussing up a storm, who's going to believe me? That hurts my testimony and witness to others. God is good, He knows just what I need and when to give it to me.

I think every pretty young adult male [which isn't many at all] was out and about today. Several came into the bike shop. By several I mean like 4. And that's a lot more than usual. Usually we have maybe one. I stuffed some scrap paper into my pocket in case they wanted me number. hahaha. I'm serious. I did. None of them asked for it...which leads me to my next topic...

GUYS. [yes, I'm aware that there's probably not a male on this planet who reads this blog, but if one happens to, he'll have this nugget of information to pass along to the rest of them!OH! I just remembered you, Cody! :) so pass it along hehehe.] If you think a girl is pretty just talk to her...ask her out..do something..don't just stand there and stare at her. That makes her feel awkward and she's less inclined to want to date you. Most of the young women I know are pretty polite. They won't be jerks if they're not interested. I think that goes for most ladies...now, there's a another category that we won't get in to because that's not my area of expertise...it's actually not my area at all, I'm quite unskilled in that facet of women..ok anyway. I say all of this to say..most of us are not monsters. We won't grow 10 feet tall and gain 7 eyes..we'll politely make up a reason not to give you our number, go out with you..yadda yadda yadda. So, stop staring. We can seeeeeeeeeee you. Seriously. We can. And it gets annoying.

Well. That's all I've got. Today was pretty blah. OH! One exciting thing did happen. My name got put into the computer! I told you about how we have to get the customer's information. Well, when we do that, we print an estimate that tells them approximately how much they'll be paying when they come to pick up their bike. At the top you have to put the estimator's name. I've been putting Bryan or Dave, or if my uncle helps me I'll put his name. Well, today Bryan showed me that they put in my name! I felt so honored!! :) Also, I spent almost all day working at my not-so-benchy work bench! It was great. My thumbs are getting sore from taking tires/tubes on and off of rims all day but they'll live. My arms get tired about halfway through the day so I have to slow down a little but it's all good. :)

If for some reason I can't be a polite, I want to be an airplane mechanic. Ah. I love fixing things. Love love love it.
Ok. I need to go to sleep now. Goodnight all. :) Thanks for checking in! I appreciate those of you who actually read this stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I'll pray that you'll have consistently awesome days from now on. When I started working at Outback, I thought everyone was a jerk so I kind of know what you're feeling about the bike shop.

    AND I'm glad you like to fix things. I'm learning how to fix my little bike problems, too. I'll let ya know if I need some practical tips. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete