29 June 2011

Is It A Full Moon...AGAIN!?!

Geez...today was one of the weirdest days we've had in a while...since the last full moon actually.

So we walk into the shop and do our thing. I have to change my jeans to shorts because I'm not allowed to wear shorts on the motorcycle. When I'm finished changing, I'm getting my stuff together and my uncle asks if I moved any tires yesterday when I was cleaning up. I tell him that I didn't. So I get my stuff put away, go to my not-so-benchy work bench and Bryan says "ok, Jenn, I need some closure so I know I'm not crazy"..I'm thinking "what on earth is going on here..." and he says "Please tell me you moved the tire that was sitting here yesterday" and he went on to describe it. And I said "nope, didn't touch it" and Dave busts out laughing. This tire has disappeared. We can't find it anywhere. No one knows where it could be. Weird. We didn't find it all day.

Then we're all doing our thing and this kid walks in and says "Is this where I bring my bike to get repaired?" and we all say "yea." So he goes outside, gets his bike, parks it in the service center and walks out! Just walks away! We all stand there dumbfounded staring at him walking across the parking lot..and he's booking it too! Like he's got somewhere he's got to be. Now, I know you guys don't know everything that must be done to check in a bike to be repaired, but you must know there's something wrong here...we don't know who this kid is, what he needs done to his bike, or who to call when it's finished! We assume it needs a new pedal because the old one is sitting on the seat..but we don't know that for a fact. So we just leave it there and ignore it. About 15 minutes later the kid calls and says "uh yea, I left my bike there to get fixed, I was wondering how long it would take and how much it will cost. Also my sister has a bike..blah blah blah" and I said "Well, we need you to come back to get your information." He comes in later with a note from his sister telling what needs to be done to her bike. Weird.

THEN I'm helping this one kid, I'm pretty sure it was the kid with the green pants from  a few weeks ago [Cause I Only Have Eyes For Yoooou]. Anyway, I was helping him. Then all of the sudden this woman appears, she's on our side of the counter asking the kid on the other side if he works there! And I said "I'll be with you in a moment." Then she starts looking for her bike. Ok..whatever. My uncle is watching her so I'm not too worried. So I finish with this kid and ask her last name so I can find her bike. I don't see it upstairs. I ask Dave where it is. It's in the basement. Of course it is. I go to the basement and get the bike. I give it to her and she says "Do I just go out this way?" And I said "Yes, but you have to pay for it first" and she looked at me like I'd just cussed her out...and said "No, this bike was not completed" and I told her what was done to it and she started to get loud with me. My uncle came over and handled the situation. Man that woman was nuts. Apparently she brought her bike in for a tune up which entails washing [that's my job] and a complete look over of the bicycle. It costs $83 plus parts. So say you need new tires [which apparently she did], we'll call you up and let you know that it's suggested that you get new ones. You can always say no. Well that's what happened here except she decided when we called her that she wanted us to stop everything because it wasn't worth it. Well, the washing had already been done along with some other things. So her bill was around $38.[she signed an estimate for $117, mind you and she also lives on one of the richest streets in the town..] She refused to pay it. My uncle compared it to going to the auto mechanic and not paying him for the time he's already put in after you've decided you no longer want your car to be fixed. OOOOH BOY that set her off. She said "THAT'S COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!" and ooooh boooy that set him off! They were yelling at each other [for the record, she started it]. And things were getting ugly. I don't understand why she didn't just pay the money. She claimed it was in worse condition than when she brought it in. That's wrong. My uncle told her either she could pay the money or he was keeping the bike. She left the bike and stormed out. Jerk. Dave compared it to going to McDonald's, ordering a burger, eating half of the burger and demanding your money back..it just doesn't work like that. People.

Yesterday we got stuck at the railroad tracks again. Except this time, the stuff on the train was really weird! lol. It looked like parts of a spaceship! I'm not even kidding or exaggerating about that! Once it got towards the end of the train, my uncle realized what it was. Windmills. The propellers gave it away! Lol. It was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen!

My sister texted me today and told me she found a cat in our kitchen! HAH! I found that hilarious. She said she heard something fall, ran to the kitchen to see what it was [because that's exactly what I'd do if there were an intruder...], saw the cat and screamed like a little girl!!! HAHAHAH. The cat ran out the back door. My question was how it got into the house without our dogs noticing...apparently Winston was afraid of the cat. HAHA. Man. I wish I had been there for that!

Some men are pigs. They disgust me.

I've got very little to do on the back of the motorcycle. I can look at the stuff on my left. I can look at the stuff on my right. Or I can look at myself in the back of my uncle's helmet. I've been analyzing myself. What I like about myself...I don't really hate any physical aspect of my body. There a few things I'd change if it didn't cost money and there are a few things I think I really like. Like my lips. I think I have nice lips. See:

They aren't Angelina Jolie's or anything...but they get the job done..what job that is I'm not sure hahah.
I've decided I like everything, from the bottom of my necklace in that photo, up. Everything is grand lol. My nose is fly...my ears are good, I have nice shoulders [especially when they're tanned], my eyes are kind and I have good eyebrows. I think so anyway. Why this analysis of my physical characteristics? Honestly, for no better reason than to occupy my brain while waiting for trains to pass...

Also while waiting for the train to pass, I remember how much I love the video to "The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson. Watch it now please. Then I'll tell you why I like it.

Why I love it:
Perseverance.                              [sidenote: this is all observed, it's never actually happened to me...]
Guys these days are discouraged too easily. Yes, I realize that if they continue to "hound" us or whatever the correct term is, they're considered a creeper. But seriously, how sweet is this? He just keeps going after her and doesn't give up. I think it's stinkin cute! I think there a lot of things society has let fall by the wayside: men pursuing women, chivalry, respect for others. We're just not nice. Well that has nothing to do with this video so I'm not going to talk about it. I guess what I'm trying to say is..if a guy was really interested in me, he wouldn't give up after one refusal. He'd keep on and keep on until he'd changed my mind. Yes, I realize that could get really annoying but I think that guys do know where the line is between "no" and "maybe.." and if they can tell it's more of a "maaaybe" than a straight up "no" they should keep at it. Most women want to be waaanted. I want a man to prove to me that I'm exactly what he wants and all that he wants. That I'm worth fighting for. I don't think that's too much to ask...or maybe it is and this is all in vain. Oh well. I hope you at least enjoyed the video. :)


That's all for tonight. My nose is still sniffly. UGH.  





No comments:

Post a Comment