10 June 2011

If I Die Young Bury Me In Satin, Lay Me Down On A Bed Of Roses

This post will be fairly short...compared to the last few.


Today was a lazy day. I didn't have to work! WOOHOO. Haha. 
I got up at 945. I could have slept until noon probably but I needed to get stuff done.
The plan was to start studying for my officer exam right away. 
That didn't happen...instead I took a shower, wrote thank you cards and talked to friends on facebook.
Then my aunt and I went to the jewelry shop. She got me a bracelet for graduation that was too small so we had to exchange it for a bigger one.
We also stopped at Office Max. If you're friends with me on facebook, you know that I lost all but 9 of my index cards to study for the officer exam with. I am STILL irritated about that..I can't believe I misplaced them. Anyway, so I tried making new ones to match the old ones. I couldn't do it. So I threw them all away and decided to start over. So at Office Max I bought more. This store was a reminder that I'm no longer in the South...at home as soon as you walk into a store someone will greet you and say "Is there anything I can help you find today?" Nope..not here. There was NO ONE around. And it's not like the place was busy and they were helping customers. I have no idea where they all were. My aunt and I wandered around looking for the stupid index cards for a good while. One would think they were in the office supplies sections..nope, that one would be wrong. They were in the "boards and binders" section. What kind of crap is that!?!? And there was no one around for us to ask for help. Ridiculous. Then we got to the register and the man didn't ask me how I was, didn't tell me to have a good day or anything. As I was walking out I was thinking "ok, you're not in the South, people aren't going to be overly friendly here like they are there..but that doesn't mean they're being rude..they're just not being AS friendly. It's ok, they don't hate you" lol. Ridiculous, I know.
Then I came back, ate lunch, which consisted of entirely too many jelly beans.
Then I began studying. I made probably 7 note cards and fell asleep. ASLEEP! I thought "ok, I'll close my eyes for like 5 minutes.." twenty minutes later I wake up and I'm like 'DAAANG IIIT!' So I find out where the nearest Starbucks is so I can get caffeinated. By this time it's 4 o'clock. Caffeine isn't really my friend..it doesn't wake me up, it just keeps me awake. So I have to be really careful when I drink it. Four was probably too late because I'm still pretty much wide awake. I'm hoping to settle down soon. But it kept me up so I could do more studying.
Then I suggested my aunt and I go on a walk. So we did. That was nice, she showed me where to run,[there's a path] then we stopped at her good friend's house. Her name is Mary and she's HILARIOUS! I like her a lot. She reminds me of one of the women I dogsit for. Typical Irish-Catholic Chicagonite. Although Jo is an Italian-Catholic New Yorker...same personality, skin, hair. Everything. I will be babysitting her daughter Madeline every so often. She's a sweet kid. I had my hair in a braid and she asked her mom to do one in hers. Mary failed miserably lol so I offered and she was very pleased with the outcome. Then she drew me a picture and gave me 2 running pamphlets! So cute.
We stayed over for  a LONG time. When we got back to our house it was a little after 9. I returned my mom's phone call. Then we sat on the porch and talked for a while. Then about 10, they decided we needed to eat dinner..I'd pretty much put it out of my mind because I'm not used to eating that late at night..but eat we did. We went to pick it up from a local chain. I had a beef and cheddar sandwich [no, we didn't go to Arby's although "I wish I were at an Arby's right now cuz there's better food and cooler people there" (another Baby Mama quote. WATCH IIIIT!)] I didn't finsh eating until 10 to 11. TEN FIFTY!!! Oh my goodness. This is either going to kill me or make me really fat!
I feel like I had some funny things to say about today. OH! So I found out when I got here that there's a hospital in this subdivision. Ok, a little weird but not a huge deal. This morning I found out there's a school too. Maybe more than one..but I only saw one. Then, this evening I found out there's a PRISON! A PRISON! It's ridiculous. This place is just ridiculous!
I also realized today that my summer will be filled with Classic Rock. Which is totally ok with me. I don't mind that genre of music. 


Well. I have to get up early..so I'm going to fight the Starbucks and beef and cheddar and try to get some sleep! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment