14 June 2011

That's What The World Is Today. HEY.

Again, I've got lots to say! :)

These are in no particular order except the order in which they popped into my brain!

1. Today a woman came in and she couldn't get the fender off of her bike. It had broken and was just dangling. She tried unscrewing it with her hands but she couldn't. (She told me that) So Bryan came over with a small tool to help. She didn't see the tool and incredulously she exclaims "DID YOU JUST DO THAT WITH YOUR BARE HANDS!?!??!" and he looked at her like "huh?" and said "no" and showed her the tool. As she walks off and Bryan is walking back to his work bench [which isn't a bench at all, more like a shelf..I'm not sure why they call them benches] Dave says "MYA NAMEA ISA BRYAN SCHWARZENEGGER I takea aparta bikesa witha mya barea handsa!" HAHAHAH. Oh man..I laughed for a long time about that one!

2. I saw a really pretty boy in an Avanlanche today. No, not the snow filled kind, the vehicle kind.

3. Man, it's hard work riding a motorcycle. People think it's easy and relaxing...no way jose! I have to flex my quads every time we have to stop so my body doesn't propel myself over the handlebars..or ram into my uncle..That would not only be awkward, but quite uncomfortable for him I imagine.

4. I have seen more limos here than anywhere else I've ever been...I saw like 3 my first day here and one of them was in my uncle's neighborhood!

5. We got stuck at a railroad crossing today. [We took Randall]. Those train cars have some pretty nifty grafitti on them. As I was watching them go by, I thought "Man, I wish I was in a gang so I could learn graffitti. No kidding, man. You can't just whip that junk out of your back pocket..you gotta practice and be taught.

6. Also while waiting for the train to pass, the kid next to us had his radio on really loud. It was hiphop/rap. It was really funny. I always find that music very creative, although it's usually vulgar, it's creatively vulgar, you must admit. One line was "You look like Cinderella, are yo shoes made of glass?" HAHAHA. I busted out laughing and my uncle looked at me funny.

7. We pass a Jeep dealership on our way to work. It kills me. I want one so bad. They have to 2 that I would like to own. If only I had the money...

8. Dude. For real, these houses where I work would put Brentwood to shame. No stinkin foolin!

9.We seriously have at least 3 different routes to work...and we have yet to come home from work the same way we went TO work...this place is ridiculous.

10. Today I realized that most fruit flavored things don't even tasted like the real fruit. I'm not sure why I'm just now realizing this...but it's true. Think about it. Grape flavored things certainly do not taste like real grapes. I think the only one that comes remotely close would be green apple, and some strawberries. Weird. I wonder who came up with the flavors and decided what would be what..because they could have easily made watermelon be called grape, or lime be called cherry....

11. Today I got to pet puppies!!!! Tat Man brought them in. I don't know if I've told you about him or not. He's got sleeve tattoos. He tried to hit on me. He's married. He was supposed to buy the bike shop from my uncle when he's ready to sell it, then he decided he wanted out. Now he's a dog walker...

12. So we ordered 19 bikes on Thursday, they were supposed to arrive on Friday. They didn't. They were supposed to arrive yesterday. They didn't. Then today Bryan looks at the status and it says they've been delivered. DeliverED. No. Incorrect. I think we'd remember unloading 19 bicycles. So it was a huge ordeal all day long. Our Sales Rep was running back and forth. They think the freight was lost or someone just didn't want to do their job. The company we ordered them from [or maybe the shipping company] said they'd spoken to us and we said we weren't coming to get them. That never happened...so our guy rented a rental truck, out of his own pocket and went to get them. I assume he made it back with them, when we closed the shop he hadn't arrived yet. He's a good guy.

13. The first song I heard on the radio this morning when we opened the shop was Ball of Confusion. It was on Sister Act II. I told my uncle that and he didn't have any idea what I was talking about. Watch the clip from the movie HERE. I think they may have changed some of the words. I'm not sure though.

14. There are so many different smells on our way to work. There's about a mile stretch where it changes like every 10 seconds. It goes from tar to lucky charms [no joke] to cinnamon. It's so weird. I've looked around to try to figure out what's going on but I can't.

15. I saw this really nice cadillac today..the only problem with it was that I'm pretty sure it had been stolen...someone had put that nasty gray crap on it. Or maybe it's where they buffed the pretty black paint off. Who knows..the point is, it looked JANK. So sad.

16. One of my friends from Taiwan is back in the U.S. for 3 months to study. I hope I get to see her while she's here. I've missed her VERY much! She texted me the night before last. I'm so glad she's back. I just love her so much.

17.  We pass like 3 of the same kind of church on the way to work. It's called Evangelical Free...what does that even mean? Can someone please tell me? We also pass a BowWow Playground. I want to go in SOOOO badly. I love puppies.

18. All the guys call me Jenny. It's weird to me. Not many people call me that, and now everyone I know in one place does. I don't know, it's just strange. several of my friends at home do, well actually "a couple" would be a more accurate word to use. My band director in high school did. THAT was weird...sometimes they call me "Jenn"..I think I like that better than Jenny..for them anyway. I don't know, it's just weird to me.

Ok, that's all. My eyes are getting heavy and my aunt and I are getting up and going running in the morning...so I need my rest. Goodnight. :)

I'm sorry, I have no energy or willpower to proofread..if it's bad, I apologize.

1 comment:

  1. Here's a link to help explain the churches that you passed :) http://www.efca.org/

    ReplyDelete