25 June 2011

Dog Days Are Over

I'm falling asleep. But I promised a post before Sunday containing all things exciting..and Sunday is less than 2 hours away. So here I go.
I'll try to keep them in some kind of order..but we all know how my brain works. :)


I'm pretty sure I haven't told you this before. If I have, I apologize.
My aunt works with this guy who wants to set me up with his son. Ok..not big deal..except this kid is SIXTEEN! Yes, a child. He just recently got his driver's license. My aunt tells me he's "pretty hott"...regardless if this fact is true or not, he's a CHILD. When he's 22 and I'm 28..maybe we'll talk then. But right now, he's jailbait and I'm not down for that. Apparently he hasn't been making the best decisions in the girlfriend department and his father seems to think I'm the one who will set him straight...or something...I've never even met this man. I'm glad he has such faith in me though. He told my aunt "but he likes older women" and my aunt was like "well good for him but the one thing Jenny told me is that she wants a man and he is a boy!"

So I rode the train down for the wedding I was in. It was an interesting ride. I sat next to a girl for a little while who was really nice! Her name was Jessica. AND she is in the ROTC program at her college. I thought that was so cool! So we talked about the military! She's leaving next week to go to a training program. She's really excited about it, but nervous too. I think she'll do fine! She had a good head on her shoulders.
Also on the train I met a beautiful conductor. He was beautiful. I promise. Unfortunately, we didn't get married.
Darn.
There was almost an altercation when I got off the train. It was quite humorous, I thought, 1/2 of the party involved didn't think it was funny at all. I think Mr. Hunky Pants thought it was funny too. He was not only pretty, but also very nice. In case you were wondering.
There was also a drunk woman across the aisle from Jessica and I. That was funny too. She was crazy! Crazy I say!

So, the wedding I was in was fabulous! :) I had a wonderful time. Very stress free. Everyone was easy to get along with.
Wanna know one of the best parts? The punter for the Green Bay Packers was in it too.  That's my favorite team. No foolin. It was really cool meeting and talking to him. He was so nice and just a real person. You know, you see them in their uniforms and you think they're these enormous people when really, they're just regular sized. He was not a whole lot taller than I am. I mean, he was tall, don't get me wrong. But on tv he looks about 7 feet tall. He's not really. My daddy was so excited when I told him I met him and talked to him. He actually sat across the table from me at the rehearsal dinner! He came in late and there was an empty chair NEXT to me that I thought he would sit in but his brother sat there instead. He asked me how I knew the bride, how long I'd known her, when I graduate(d), what I'm going to do now that I'm graduated. [He and his brother were both quite impressed with my career choice!]
Then the groom's father asked about his superbowl ring [he'd just received it the night before]. It's ridiculous! So I hear, anyway. He described it...absolutely nuts!
It has 109 diamonds! 92 for 92 years of Packer existence,13 for 13 titles and 4 for 4 world championships. So crazy. I'm glad I met him though. He's really cool.
I'll tell you what..this has been my year! I've met some really awesome people and done some just as awesome things!

While I was back for the wedding, I stayed with Rebecca. We tie-dyed. The first time we tried it, we rinsed out the shirts like you're supposed to and it completely washed out. Like if you were standing 5 feet away, you wouldn't have even been able to tell that we'd done anything to them. Oh. I was so irritated. So we did them again. She's supposed to be mailing mine. I have no doubt she will. I'm afraid it's not going to look the way i want it to...it never does and that's so frustrating to me. Ugh.

On the way back, I had the same conductor for part of the trip. There's a halfway point and they trade conductors...I was only on for 2 of his stops both times..sigh. Not long enough to procure a proposal...Oh well. Maybe next time. Anyway, the train ended up being 2 hours late by the time it got back to Chicago! TWO HOURS. So I missed my train to the suburbs by like 10 minutes. I had to wait in the metra station for 2 hours. Woohoo. It actually wasn't too bad. I saw lots of Navies. That was exciting. I also found all of the melanin in the city...and talked to some interesting people..

I'm not sure what's up with my uncle...if he thinks his house is just going to disappear or what..Every time we leave the house he closes the garage door, he looks before he pulls to the end of the street to make sure it's closed. Then he looks again while we're at the stop sign. Then AGAIN while we're turning...I want to yell "IT'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!! AND THE DOOR IS STILL CLOSED!!!" it's so weird. Men are weird.

So...I'm really good at finding people on facebook. Like scary good. Ask my friends. So Jennifer asked me to find someone...I'd never seen this kid before and she didn't know his last name..not to mention that he could live ANYWHERE surrounding our hometown. I must admit that I failed at this mission. It would have helped if she'd give me more to go on than "a beautiful black man" and his first name. lol

The people here are WEIRD. We pass 2 houses on the way to work that have the strangest lawn decorations I've ever seen in my life. One has these two HUGE concrete mushrooms on either side of the driveway. And the other has these cage things..like you'd see an oversized bird in. Like SERIOUSLY oversized...one has an octopus on the top and the other is shaped like a cheeseburger. Why on earth would you do that to your yard...it's just so strange.

We pass a place called "Blacks Auto Rebuilders."
I always think it says "Blacks and Rebuilders." 
And I always think "how racist!"

There was a huge storm that came through at the beginning of the week. It torn down so many trees in the suburb  I work. Most people were without power for 3 days. Our shop was the only one on our street open the next day. Apparently we NEVER lose power. We had to take a different route through town because of detours. On this detour, we saw lots of houses that looked the same. Not like in a subdivision same..just..the same. I didn't think anything of it. Then my uncle says "all these houses with the 2 windows at the top are Sears and Roebuck houses" and he went on to explain that people used to order their houses out of a catalog. I'd hear this before. And when I went to tell a friend a while back she totally didn't believe me at all! Ugh! Now I have proof! An entire street in a real town full of them!

Ok. I've got lots more to say but I just can't stay awake any longer. I'm sorry. 
I'm also sorry that it's not very funny. Maybe tomorrow's will be.
goodnight all.



1 comment:

  1. "Also on the train I met a beautiful conductor. He was beautiful. I promise. Unfortunately, we didn't get married.
    Darn."

    THAT was funny. I miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete