07 June 2011

Fried Bologna

Day 2.

Today was enjoyable! I'm just now discovering that my hands are quite swollen and will most likely be sore tomorrow. Fabulous.
Wanna know something else that's fabulous? I can't find my Navy study notecards. I realized this morning that I only had 9 of the probably 50 or so I had in March. I was livid. SO mad..I could barely study. I finally gave it up and just started making new ones...I guess it will be a good way to study. My mom said she'd keep her eye out for them but I doubt she'll see them. I don't remember the last time I even had them at home...That was a fabulous way to start my day. Just flippin fabulous.

My uncle and I got on the Harley to go to work. We had to wait through 2.5 trains. Ridiculous. We saw a piece of bologna on the ground..that was weird..and humorous. I feel awkward when I'm riding the bike with him..I have to have my hands on his waist..it's weird to me. Like you know when you (ladies) slow dance with a man and they have their hand(s) on your hips? Well that's like this except backwards and from the back..it just feels strange to me. ALSO...I wonder what people think when they see the 2 of us...If they think he's my sugar daddy, my boyfriend or my dad..ya know? He's significantly older than I am..I just wonder.

I did lots of things at work today. I started out washing bicycles then moved to making phone calls. Then I learned how to retrieve fixed bicycles and how to check people out. I helped unload a shipment of bicycles and slid them down this really cool ramp thing into the basement. Then I got to stack those boogers and arrange them...hard. labor. yo. Tomorrow I'll be inventorying them...WOOHOO! Then I swept and that's about it. I got really dirty today though...dirtier than yesterday:
end of the day!


halfway through the day.










The rest of this is just going to be a list...it's too random to paragraph. (haha, yes, I used paragraph as a verb)

  • On our way to work, I saw a store called Family Pantry...they sell lots of alcohol there...this doesn't make sense to me at all.
  • We go through a town called Winfield. It's named after Winfield Scott. Cool, eh?
  • I was washing a bicycle and this greasy icky old man comes out of the pub next door (this is explained in the following bullet point) and starts watching me. I thought at first he was just curious as to what I was actually doing...then he said "how much for a wash and wet"...I'm not entirely sure what that means but I know that I didn't want to find out so I just sort of smiled at him...he then stood there and watched me wash the rest of the bike...weirdo icky poo!
  • Yesterday while I was getting ready to wash bikes, a Coca-Cola truck pulled up, then later on a Miller Light truck, then a Coors Light and a Bud Light...the whole time I'm thinking "Geez louise..how much liquid do these people need!?!?" I looked and discovered it was a pub next door...loverly...
  • Today, a guy came into the shop wearing a Hawaiian shirt, khaki pants, argyle socks and sandals. Oh my word..ah. ahhaha He was really nice..just dressed strangely.
  • I think the guys I work with like me. They talked to me a lot today. I like them too. They're funny. Well I laugh a lot anyway..maybe I'm just a giggly girl haha. Who knows. Either way, I enjoy their company. One guy's dad is from near my hometown..so that's cool! 
  • On the ride home I'm pretty sure we hit every single red light we went through...except like one. Seriously. One of probably thirty. No trains though, thank the Lord.
  • I'm getting quite some color. OH! Speaking of color. I saw my first good dose of melanin today...geez it took long enough. 
  • I ordered my train ticket to go to the wedding I'll be in next weekend. Woohoo. :)
  • Also, I've decided that owning a motorcycle isn't very feminine so I'm gonna have to find a man who's willing or easily convincable who will buy a motorcycle and be my chaffeur. Right now, that's the only incentive for marriage. :)
Well that's all for tonight. I'm poopdeadtired! 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment