08 June 2011

Papers Are Not Tags.

I've got lots to say tonight so hold on tight!!..or loosely. Haha..I heard that song today on the radio. It was a really good radio day today!

We rode the motorcycle to work this morning. As per usual. Apparently it's polite, or cool, or something...to signal to other motorcycle riders. Because my uncle sure does do it. It's sort of a greeting...I don't understand why. Are you inducted into a secret club or something? I mean, I don't go around saying hello to all GMC Jimmy drivers. Men are so weird.
That motorcycle is ridiculously painful to ride! Well, it's not painful when you're ON it..just when you get off. I feel like I'm "pwepping my [some word I don't know] for de gwate stwetch of dahwivawy" [Baby Mama quote, if you haven't seen it..you're missing out! :)]

I washed only 4 bikes today. Bryan wouldn't allow me to do anymore because of the heat...these boys are so worried about my well being haha. It's not that hot outside, especially when there's a breeze but they just won't let me wash bikes out there. I think it's because they'd have a guilty conscience if I passed out or something lol.
Then I filled out these paper things that went on the bike boxes. Simply put, I inventoried. That was nice because I was in the basement where it was cooooool!!
Then I talked to Dave for a long time waiting for the other guys to tell me what to do. [I'll tell you about our conversations later on in the post!]
Then I sat at the desk/counter waiting for customers. Just so you know, when I sit there, no one comes. Ever. It's nutso. But as soon as I get up to do something else, SHAZAM!! Everyone and their brother shows up!
Then I ate lunch, helped some people with some stuff. Moved some bikes around. UGH! So my uncle tells me to move all the bikes with tags out of the rows and over to Bryan's station because he has to check them... ALL of the bikes have tags..so I was confused. And he was getting frustrated because I didn't understand what he was talking about. So he went over and got the TWO bikes that had "tags" and put them where they needed to go...and he pointed to the papers in the plastic holders and said "TAGS" and I said "ooooh you mean papers...all of them have tags..." I don't think he heard me though. He's sort of deaf...Anyway..so when he left the room Bryan said "Just so you know, to any normal person THESE [picking up an actual tag] are called tags" hahah I thanked him and said "I thought I was going crazy or something.."

One of the first things I saw this morning was a box for a bike. On the side it said "BLACK MEN" hahahahahhaha. Obviously that means it's a black bike for a man..but I thought it was hilarious! I wanted to take a picture but there was no opportunity. :( Speaking of black men...geez louise there are NONE here...when I said in my post from yesterday that I got a "good dose of melanin," good was referring to the quality, not quantity. Holy toledo...I want to scream at these folks "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH ALL THE BLACK PEOPLE!?!?" I've hardly seen any at all!

I think I got hit on again today...I can't decide if that's what happened or if he was just being friendly and making small talk..I think it was the first though. My uncle was putting something on this guy's bike [who was much less icky and more attractive than the guy from yesterday]. In the meantime he's chatting me up. He stated the fact that it was hot, I already knew that. I told him it was lots cooler in the basement, he said it usually is. Then he asked me if I liked biking..or something like that. I said "Eh...yes...sort of" and he looked at me like "YOU WORK IN A BIKE SHOP!" and I said "Where I'm from it's REALLY hilly and curvy and it's hard to bike."
"where you're from...?"
"Yea, I'm from Nashville,TN. [points at my uncle] He's my uncle."
"Oh ok, so how do you like it in Illinois so far?"
"I like it ok, my mom is from here so I've been here a lot"
"So are you here permanently now?"
"Nope..just until September."
Then he looked really sad. HAHAH. Sorry dude. He was a nice guy, nice teeth, nice hands. Not for me.

I saw a guy standing next to a mint green scooter and thought it was hilarious. I'm pretty sure it belonged to him.

Now for my conversation with Dave. He's hilarious! I think he's my favorite. But don't tell Bryan lol. Dave just talks more and he's interested in what I have to say..not that Bryan isn't..I guess he's just not a talker.
We talked for a long time. I'll give you the highlights.

HAHAH this one is hilarious. Well, to me, anyway. I was getting ready to wash a bike but it had a light thing attached to it so I asked him if it was waterproof. He said not to spray it directly with water. Then we noticed there was a bag like thing attached to the bike, so he opened it up to put the light in there. In it he found some chapstick:
"need some chapstick?"
"nope..not today...'
"i'll give you 5 bucks if you put it on!"
"...what if they have herpes.."
"man..that would suck..ruin your whole life for 5 bucks.."
ok..so maybe it's not as funny typed out but it was really funny then..especially because I needed chapstick later in the day!
He was telling me that he's played several shows near where I'm from and so I asked him what instruments he plays. He plays [in this order he says] bass, guitar, drums, keyboard, trumpet, clarinet, saxophone. hahaha. So I asked him if he played upright and he said no, mostly just electric. Then he says "but I don't like rock music..people look at me and think 'OH! he has long hair, he must be into rock music'...no..I like smooth jazz and hip hop..I have the musical taste of a 60-70 year old black man" HAHAHAHAH!!!
He's got several friends in the military..I couldn't really read his reaction when I told him I was going into the Navy..he wasn't excited, I know that..or maybe he doesn't get excited haha who knows.
Then this kid comes in and he's really sweaty, can't be over like 17, shirtless, scrawny and dripping. Dave and I help him..after he leaves Dave says, "man, I thought he was gonna ask for a pair of muscles!" hahaha. And later on he said "man, I can't get the image of that scrawny sweaty kid out of my head!!" haha.

Well. I'm dead tired...again. I hope I get used to this schedule soon so I can begin to run again. I hope you enjoyed my 3rd day of work. I know I did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment