16 July 2011

Rumor Has It!

I will be posting 2 blogs tonight. One full of fun things that need to be said.
The other....WEDDING PICTURES!!!! (no, I'm not the bride....but that doesn't make it any less exciting!!!)

So this blog is the Not As Exciting blog..but you should still read it.

So, I follow the blog of a woman who is familiar with an organization called Got Your Back Network. I'm not sure if she does volunteer work for them or if she donates to them. I'm not sure. But it's really cool. They help families who have lost loved ones in the war. You should go to their store and look at the bracelets they sell. I really want one. I might have to buy one! Or maybe someone will buy one for me lol.

Today this guy came into the shop who is a cop in a neighboring suburb. This suburb is predominately black (I think). When he picked up his bike he said something about the heat and Dave said "yea, but at least when they run away it'll be slow because of the heat!" and this guy said "Nah man, they're quick out there! They're like gazelles or something!" hahahaha We laughed about that for a few hours.

So. In this blog I told you about a man who looked like an older version of one of my friends. Well. I came to the conclusion yesterday that they just had similar facial features, because yesterday I saw exactly what my friend will look like in 15 years. No joke. I couldn't stop staring at this man. It was so weird. So. Weird.

My uncle collects beer cans. Why? I don't know. He started when he was like 11. He thinks they're worth millions. My aunt and I think he's full of crap.

Yesterday a woman came into the store and needed something put on her bike. So my uncle assisted her. While he was assisting, she was waiting...in my chair. So I swept the floor (that's what I do when there's nothing else for me to do. If I just stand around waiting for someone to arrive I get yelled at. So I just look like I'm really busy).  I went over to where she was seated and got my dust pan. She said "So, it's Friday night! You got a hot date tonight!?!" I said "hahahahaha...no...I'm going home to sleep! By the time we get home it'll be like 730 or  8." She asked where home was and I told her. I was flattered that she'd think I had a hot date...

In my house, you grab a cup and it's yours until you put it in the sink to be washed. Not here, no sirree! Sometimes I don't even get to use the same cup all day long! It's crazy! It just gets snatched up and stuck in the dish washer! Then by the end of ,however long it takes for us to fill up the dish washer, I'm drinking out of strange holiday cups...Holiday cups don't matter..it's just weird that I can't keep the same cup as long as I want! Especially if I'm just drinking water. Sheesh.

So I've got all but like 4 of my Navy notecards finished...there are around 200. Yes. Two. Hundred. Soooo many. Half of those are pictures though. I would try to explain it to you but it wouldn't make a difference. Just know that I don't have to memorize that many...the pictures are matching.

This has been the week for military appreciation! An escalation of it anyway, I appreciate the military every single day, but this week has been phenomenal. I've had 2 Armies, a Marine and an Air Force all come in this week! Crazy. That doesn't sound like a lot, but trust me, it is!

I was thinking the other day, the closest I'll ever get to being in the mob is pretending that I'm John Dillinger while using the pressure washer. EXCEPT for the weekend that Megan comes up. I'll tell you all about that closer to time though! :) You'll LOVE IT! And if you don't, well poo on you!

Have any of you ever heard of The Dragon? Apparently it's the windiest (as in curvy) road in the U.S...or something. It's in Gatlinburg, or near it. I'd never heard of it. It's really popular among motorcyclists. It's got 318 curves in 11 miles. Crazy, right!!? There's even a restaurant or hotel something at the end of it that has a "Tree of Shame." When someone dies on this road, the owners ask the family if they can have parts of the motorcycle the person was using. They then hang it in the tree! It's crazy.

The weather reports here are outrageous. I'm not even kidding or exaggerating when I say they last 15 minutes. I'm completely serious. I go away having learned nothing about the weather happening in my area...the man talks about all of the U.S. and it takes soooooo long. Weather reports at home or only like 2 minutes maybe. Maybe we have a shorter attention span down there...who knows!

Nasal irrigation. That's a strange term hahahahahah.

One might think that country music is only popular in the South. Oh contrare! I walked into one of the biggest grocery store chains up here and they sure were playing country music. It was the oddest thing...but it was real! lol

Stay tuned for the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment