17 October 2010

I Have a Stupid Ke$ha Song in My Head.

Day 25: A First.

I'm not sure which "first" to choose.

Ok. I've got a few "first times" to tell you about, all pertaining to the same subject...driving.

The first time I went over 10 mph, I was in the old Wal-Mart parking lot. I was driving my daddy's stick shift [jsyk, I just left the "f" out of that word at first HAHAHAH]. We had to learn to drive that before an automatic. Anyway, so I'm driving, I'm in 2nd gear and 1. the car starts making a funny noise 2. I'm going "REALLY" fast. Well obviously "really" is a relative term because I was only going 25 mph!!!! hah I said "WHY AM I GOING SO FAST!?!?!" and daddy said "because you're pressing the accelerator, now change gears" Oh my.

The first time I drove my dad's car anywhere but the Wal-Mart parking lot was to Beaman Toyota on Broadway...
Yea. It was an experience. I made it alright to Bordeaux. Then I got to that 2nd, maybe 3rd light, where it forks off to D.B. Todd. Well I had to stop at it. Ok..whatever stopping is no big deal. Well, when I went to go, I couldn't. I killed it several times..as if I weren't feeling bad enough, the people behind me started HONKING! Ugh. Seriously!?!? I was so upset. My dad says "Don't worry about them, focus on what you're doing" Obviously I eventually got it going, I probably killed it 4 or 5 more times before we made it to the dealership. I was so upset, mostly because my dad made me drive. THEN I had to drive home too. Oh my goodness. So we're driving home, make it all the way through Bordeaux and I'm about to turn onto Hwy 12..those of you who know what I'm talking about can attest to the fact that that turn place is a little bit confusing..if you don't know exactly where you're turning then you'll probably guess wrong. Well. I guessed wrong and over shot it. I had to turn in where the people coming towards me would merge on..Daddy got kind of upset..he said I wasn't paying attention but I was! That whole experience was traumatic. Actually, I don't know if I've even driven his car down there again since then...if I have I don't recall.

The 2nd time I drove it anywhere but a parking lot was down Old Hickory Blvd, where you turn left off Hwy 12. Yea..thanks dad. So we're driving along and eventually we come to this HUGE hill on the left. He says, ok, just pull in there and turn around...so I pull up there..those of you that know Old Hickory Blvd know that it's curvy and hilly...well I couldn't see anyone coming buuuut apparently there was and we almost got hit. Then once I was turned around I still couldn't see so I took a leap of faith..and well, we didn't get hit. :)

The 1st time I drove in the high school parking lot...this was probably shortly after the old Wal-Mart lot incident.. So I  had planned on just driving around the school while my mom was in a meeting [my dad was with me]. So we are driving along..we turn in front of the school [parallel to the highway] because I know there's a gate down at the end that will take me around the back. We get to the end and the gate is locked...GRRRRREAT. So I have to turn around. Now, remember I haven't done much driving and I'm not even sure if I knew how to reverse at this point yet. So I'm slowly turning the car around. I get it turned around and I'm seriously going 2 mph...somehow I don't turn in the wheel quick enough and we run right into that concrete wall...yep sure do. I was so upset! He told me to calm down, no one was hurt and there was no real damage. That dent is still in his front fender. :)

The 1st time I ever drove Bertha...I was going down this huge hill and the windshield wipers came on...I was like uuuuh ok. Well then they came on when I turned my blinker on..I've since figured out I'm sure there's a short somewhere in there..it's just humorous. My friends giggle when it happens..I just ignore it. Although sometimes if I think about it I try to play a game with it and if I can turn on the turn signal without the wipers coming on I win..if not..well she wins. :) It's a fun game.

The 1st time I ever backed Bertha down my best friend, Jennifer's, hill. Oh my word she has the most ridiculous driveway EVER. It's a steep hill full of gravel. And it's really crammed at the top, there's not much room to turn around, so I had to back down it. So I'm doing my thing, backing down. I get to the bottom and my truck shuts off...and keeps rolling. Now this wouldn't be too big of a deal if there wasn't a CLIFF on the other side of her driveway..so I'm freaking out. I throw it into park and try to figure out what's going on. I turned her back on and got out of there. Oh my goodness I freaked out. I've since found out that I had a bad O2 sensor and you know what that means? Well I'll tell you. It means if you have the radio, the heater and the lights on and you're not pushing the gas, your vehicle will turn off because there's no juice headed to the battery. It's scary. I've stopped at stoplights and had it happen. Now that I know what to do it's not big deal but that first time I thought I was going to die. Oh. Daddy changed my O2 sensor so that shouldn't happen anymore.

I can't think of anymore traumatizing firsts...

Day 26: Your Fears.
I'm afraid:

I won't graduate
I won't make it in the Navy
I won't get to fly planes
I won't get married
I'll never be loved like I want to be
He'll never get saved
I'll always be the "best friend"
I'll always be "too good"
I'll end up doing something I hate
I'll say the wrong thing to the wrong person at the wrong time
I'll never have a family
I won't be able to have foster kids
I'll have to live somewhere cold
I'll lose their friendship
My extended family will never know the love of Jesus
I'll run out of time
I'll die young
I won't reach my full potential

I have more fears but I need to go to bed so I can study in the morning.
Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment