09 October 2010

If You Like To Waltz With Potatoes...Up and Down the Produce AAAAAISLE!! :)

Day 18: Your Favorite Birthday


Well I don't really have a favorite..if you haven't noticed yet, I'm not good at this "pick a favorite ___" game. I'm an indecisive person when it comes to stuff like that.


I'll just tell you about birthdays that I remember and obviously made a lasting impression if I remember them. :)

5th [or 6th] birthday: I just wanna preface this by saying that sometimes I accidentally make up things..I'm pretty sure all of this went down the way I remember but it's quite possible it didn't...I mean, it was 16 years ago..


So anyway. We've been walking around the mall all day with my grandparents [we is me and my parents, my sister wasn't there that I know of] and I'm a crabby tired kid. So we walk into Claire's and my mom asks if I want to sit down for a moment. In that tall chair!? OF COURSE I do! So I hop up there and everyone leaves me be...then someone comes back..I don't remember which family member, I think it was my mom but it may not have been..anyway..she says "These 2 ladies are going to measure your ears" I'm sure there was more to the story because I don't think it I was THAT gullible..but I guess ya never know. Anyway..so I say ok whatever. They each put a dot on one ear and then they say "Ok, we're going to measure them on 3, ready? 1.....2....3.." BAM! THEY SHOT ME!!! I couldn't believe it! I screamed [I think] I was mortified! I remember exactly what they look like too! It was crazy.

13th Birthday...I think: I GOT TO HAVE A SLEEPOVER! Several of my friends came and it was grand. :) we stayed up late and played all sorts of games. :)

16th Birthday: WAS IN MEXICO!! on a missions trip. :) They had a cake for me and everything..apparently when we had gone to Wal-Mart a few days earlier they'd picked it up and I didn't even know about it. It was a surprise and it made me cry. 
I also had a fight with my best friend that night. I don't remember exactly how it happened. I remember talking on the phone to my mom outside of the church and crying. I think that she had probably ignored me all day long because her [then] fiance..maybe they were just bf/gf..they later got engaged but didn't get married..that's a story for another time. Anyway. I remember laying in the bed with her that night [we shared a room/bed] and telling her how what she was doing was making me feel. How before we left she said that they weren't going to kiss or hug or touch or any of that before they were married..then the whole way down there they were cuddly. And he kissed her head several times, I saw him but she didn't believe me. She said he was just smelling her hair..how would she know? She was ASLEEP. I told her that night that I didn't think they would get married, I just didn't see them together and he didn't treat her like he should have been treating. He didn't treat her bad..just not the way he said he would. That was a rough birthday.
BUT then when I got home we celebrated as a family!!
We went out to eat at Chili's, then to Applebee's for dessert. On our way home Momma said she had to use the bathroom..at first I thought "really? you can't make it 30 more minutes?" but when momma has to go she's got to now. So she told my dad to pull over at the bowling alley around the corner. She got out of the car. I said "I don't have to go, I'll just stay here" my dad said "ok" and my mom said "no, get out of the car." This went on for a few minutes until she finally got me out. I sulked in and stood in front of the bathroom for probably 5 minutes..when they didn't come out I decided I was going to go in. So I did...there was NO ONE in there. So I thought "well while I'm here I may as well go" so I sat down on the toilet and all the sudden I hear my first best friend [the one I've had since I was 2] singing happy birthday..and I was like WHAT THE HECK!?! She tricked me...it was surprise party. It was Christina [my 1st best friend], her family and bf [whom she's now married to], her family and my previously mentioned best friend. I guess my other friends were too busy...oh well. So we bowled and ate cake. It was fun.

18th Birthday: I WAS IN FRANCE!! That should speak for itself lol. That day we went to Mont Marte and shopped the streets. My 2 best friends bought me yellow shoes with stars on them! I still have them, I don't wear them anymore because 1. they make my feet stink and 2. I don't want them to break. That night we went to the restaurant we'd gone to every other night we were in France. Sam [or Anna, I don't remember which one] was supposed to get me to go to the bathroom when someone gave her the signal. When we came back from the bathroom they were supposed to sing to me...well apparently the signal never came so she just took it upon herself to take me in her own time lol. Again, I didn't really have to use the bathroom...I was forced to go lol. When we came back we just sat down..eventually they brought out a yummy dessert and sang to me. :) It was great!

21st Birthday: Obviously I remember this one because it just happened lol. We went out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory!! It was sooo good. :) Then we went to see the movie Grown-Ups. It was good too. :) For my birthday I got TICKETS TO SEE THE MARINERS PLAY!!! I was soooooo excited! The game was great! Daddy and I had a lot of fun!!!! :)

Well. That's all. If I've left anything important out, mother, I apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment