08 October 2010

I'm Thirsty.

I'm combining days 16 and 17 in one blog. 


Day 16: Your First Kiss.


It's January 2, 2009. I'm wearing a black turtleneck with a purple cami, my 2nd favorite pair of jeans [that I just fit into again the other day!], black dress shoes and a white jacket I got from my Aunt Leslie for Christmas 8 days before. My hair is curly and sort of out of control. :)
Have a looksee:
Jennifer picks me up, we go pick up Sam. Then we go pick HIM up. I get out of the car and greet him at his door...he's lookin fine. :) We get in the car and head to Nashville. We park in the parking garage Jennifer uses for work. I don't really remember where we went first, we just sort of wondered around. We eventually made it to the Observation Tower..many people don't know about this place apparently..it's pretty cool. I'd never go back but you should go. Anyway...we go up and we're looking around. I get on this block thing, it's like a decoration, I'm not really sure...he gets up there with me and we're looking at the stars and the city. Beautiful. All of the sudden Sam and Jennifer have disappeared and it's just the 2 of us left up there. Well. He looks at me and says "so when would be the perfect time to kiss someone?" and I said "uh...I don't know..you tell me." Apparently that was the right time because he went for it. Of course I have NO idea what to do..so I'm just trying to do what he does...THEN. He stuck his tongue in my mouth! I was like WHOOOOA this is strange. To this day I can remember every thought that was going through my head, every sensation running through my body, the feeling I had in my stomach and the tingling in my arms. Well, while we're doing our thing Jennifer calls me and tells me there's a guy at the bottom locking the gates and we're gonna be stuck up there. So we run down. 
Of course Jennifer and Sam wanna know what happened. So he sits on a bench and we go off and take "pictures"...like these..

she's weird. Anyway. So we go get him and walk around some more. We go to the walking bridge..oh it's beautiful..and walk down near the stadium and onto the train tracks where we took this picture:
We wondered to the Batman Building and just around town. It was nice. Then we headed back to the parking garage. Before we left town we took one last picture:

I look so stinkin happy..and I was. I had dreamed of that night for sometime...I knew for almost 4 years that I wanted him to be my first kiss. I don't regret it. If I had it to do over I think I'd probably do some things differently, but not that one..
Well. That's really all of that story. 


Day 17: Your Favorite Memory

This is a really hard one...especially after telling that story lol. I have so many memories to choose from. 

Like the time my dad and grandpa stood outside in the Illinois winter with me and threw the football because that's what I had asked for for Christmas.
Or soooo many memories of band trips. Man oh man. I could talk for years about those. Probably one of the most memorable is when I met [really met, but had semi-known already] the 1st boy that told me he loved me..of course he lied. Whatever. That was interesting football game.... If you ask me about the story, I'll tell you but it's too long for this blog.
I could talk about trips to Illinois..twice a year with the entire family in tow. Well maybe once a year with the WHOLE family. 
Or my uncle's funeral when my sister and I rapped the ABC's because we were so bored at the SEVEN HOUR visitation.
Or any time we visited family in Wisconsin: the time I fell out of the tree, the time I went with my cousin to softball practice and her friend said I could eat her starbursts then made fun of the way I said mosquito, the time I ate a brandied cherry, the time my sister choked on pizza cheese, the time we visited my aunt and uncle's farms and sled down HUGE piles of snow, the time my grandmother's neighbor, my sister and I found a dead frog in the road and cut it open with some scissors, the time we had a family softball game in the backyard of grandma's house...the list goes on.
I could tell you about the time my mom tried to set me up with a southern gospel singer...that was an adventure..
Or the time I got to eat biscuits and drink tea with sugar cubes in 2nd grade because I had missed and they'd had "Be British Day" while I was gone, or when I wrote a story about London and made it into a book, or when I wrote a poem about a spider and it got published
I could tell about when I went home with my 1st grade teacher and watched her brush her teeth then went to see the singing Christmas Tree at her church. I loved her, she was so cool, or the time I cut my hair in her class because I saw another girl do it.
Or any memory I've made with my roommate and college friends.
I have so many good memories. More good ones than bad and I'm so thankful for that. 
I can't wait to meet new people and make more!! :)

Well until tomorrow. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment