12 October 2010

Jesus Loves Me This I Know

Day 21: Another Moment.

I've been thinking about this blog for the past few days. It's REALLY tough for me to pick out just one thing to write about when the topic is this huge. I thought I had one, but it wasn't gonna go anywhere, thought I had another...same thing. But as I was getting in the shower I thought of one. I think it will be good.

Today in wind ensemble, we weren't playing so I turned to my friend next to me.
Wait, let me back up. She's having a really rough time with a recent break up and some other stuff going on. Her ex said some pretty rude things.. She really needs to focus on who she is as a single woman and a child of God. She's asked me to pray for her, now I'm asking you. You can call her Abby, that's not her name but God will know who you're talking about.

Today in wind ensemble I turn to her and ask if she's figured out what she's gonna do when she grows up. She is getting a degree that you can't really do anything with so I was asking to see if she'd found out she's interested in anything.
Her reply: "I don't know, I haven't figured out if I'm even worth anything anymore."
This statement broke my heart completely. She started crying after that, which broke my heart even more.

At that moment I realized she needs love. All the love I can possibly give her. She needs it. I was speechless at that moment. All I could do was hug her but she didn't want it. She wouldn't have listened no matter what I'd said to her.

Pray for her, please. Pray for me, that I can find the words and actions that will show her the most love. I want Jesus' light to shine through me to her and I want her to feel His love, not only mine but His even more.

I love you all. :)

1 comment:

  1. this made me tear up.
    I know we've talked about it but i think i'm in the mood to be emotional. :\
    I always pray for you but i just wanted to assure you its still happening.

    ReplyDelete