31 October 2010

Ebony and Ivory Live Together in Perfect Harmony!

Fun comes in different levels. 
I have different levels of fun with different people.
I'm not saying that these levels can be achieved...maybe levels is the wrong word.
Maybe I should use "category"
Let me start over.


Fun comes in different categories.
I have different kinds of fun with different people.
This is not to say that some people are more fun than others.
Just that people are fun in different ways.


I spent the whole weekend with my dear dear friend Kaylee.
I love her and she's getting married in June.
Soooo guess what we did this weekend!!!
That's right! We tie dyed our tennis shoes.
Just kidding. :) We shopped for her wedding dress.
It was so fun. Frustrating at times...not REALLY frustrating. Just hard to understand what she really wanted at times. But that's ok, it didn't take away from my fun experience..it added a little entertainment. :)


Well. We got to her house Friday afternoon, the same time her brother did [who, I'm pretty sure would fall in love with my sister should he ever meet her. ;)]
We took our stuff downstairs. Let me tell you what...they kill animals in that house! Well not IN the house..but the people that live in it kill them OUTSIDE the house...theeeeen they mount them!
So I marveled at these dead animals..wandered about inspecting them. Ya know, to make sure they're really dead. 
Good news: they were. :)
Then we played "try on clothes Ms. Fry doesn't want anymore! That was a FUN game!! Got me some new clothes!!!! :) Then the boys went somewhere and we hung 
out with her mom which was FUN! We watched Made of Honor! Cute movie.
I ended up sleeping in the room with the dead ones...but Mr. Snuffles protected me though :) Yes, that's a beaver. The biggest beaver I've ever seen in my entire life...dead. hahahah. He was cool though. He kept all the little critters away. :)


Saturday:Kaylee, her mom and I went shopping for dresses! WOOHOO. But she didn't find "the one" which is perfectly acceptable. The people at that store were....interesting. They were very helpful and they knew their stuff but they just weren't getting it. 


Then we met her brothers and step-dad and went to eat at Cheddar's. It's REALLY good. I'd never been there before. Her step-dad was in the Marines, he was really funny. And her brothers were fun too her youngest youngest rides dirt bikes..and the other goes to college! Then we went back to the house and thought about whether we were going back to school that night or not. After several hours of deliberation we decided no. We ate TACO pizza and looked up more dress places that were open on Sunday in another nearby town! We found one place WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! 


Then we went to bed..weeeellll we tried to go to bed. We decided we were going to sleep in her oldest youngest brother's room [the one that's gonna marry my sister]...I walked over to the side I wanted, went to pull back the covers and saw this guy dangling from the headboard...I said "uuuuhh what is that?!" and she said "what do you think it is?"..I looked at the back and said "i have no idea" and she said "it's a beaver!" and I said "MR. SNUGGLES BROTHER! HOW SAD!..i don't know if I can sleep on this side." So we traded..but not before we took some more pictures with the dead animals! have a looksee!











 
Needless to say, we had fun. :) Then we went to bed!

Went to church Sunday. Ate Subway then DRESS SHOPPING. 
Kaylee was a little stressed and I told her "You watch, you'll get the first dress you try on, we'll be done and on our way back to Murray in no time." well...the first part was right. She ordered the first dress she tried on, only after 3 hours of trying on about 7 [maybe more..but I don't think soothers though. :) haha. Her mom and I both knew as soon as she walked out of that curtained area with that dress on that it was hers! She didn't know at this point but we did. For a little while there was a close 2nd but I knew she wouldn't choose that one. :) It's gorgeous, that's all I'm saying, in case Carl is reading this BAHAHAH. :) 
Then we ate at Red Robin [yuuuummmm]. It was DELICIOUS! I'd never been there before! 

I'm so glad she invited me to go. I haven't had that much of that kind of fun in a LONG time and I'm very thankful.
I'm thankful for her and her family. Her mother is so wonderful and I'm so glad I got to get to know her a little bit this weekend!
Her brothers and step-dad are cool too...but they're just boys! haha. 
They have a BEAUTIFUL home! Just marvelous!
I'm so thankful for her friendship and love and I'm SOOOOO excited to see her marry Carl. They're so sweet and I just love them both!

Yay for a successful weekend!

AAAAAAHHHHH! I almost forgot!
At the wedding shop, I had an epiphany. It was like WHOA! DUH.
I will have the song Ebony and Ivory at my wedding. Only makes sense, right!??!?!? hahaha.
I had initially said I'd walk down the aisle to that song. I'm not entirely sure about that. But it WILL be in my wedding somewhere. BAHAHHA.
Isn't that the best idea you've heard all day!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHHA.

Ok. Until next time. :)

1 comment: